Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Pacific Ace 74 inch

Old 04-22-2022, 10:29 AM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Hoping to get this bird in the air later this year as we made our move from Ca. to Mo.

Moved to The Camdenton, Mo area. We left the 7 this month pulling a 27 ft Travel Trailer. It was loaded with most of our kitchen supplies and other immediate needs. I had a shelve in the truck camper, more supplies in the bottom, my airplanes on top of the shelf. A small house dog and a young cat in the back seat. We had a friend in another vehicle also bring stuff.

I got a bad tank of diesel fuel in Arizona just before a long grade. Struggled up down in 2nd gear thinking hard about 1rst. Low turbo pressure, but al gauges dead on normal and no check engine lights. Made it over the top got more fuel and the truck ran great What a relieve.

Then Sunday morning in one moment I became and arsonist, a terrorist and very famous in Mclean Tx.

A tire came off the trailer hub and all. It bounced across the freeway and struck a big in in the driver side door. Then proceed to start a fir on both side of the freeway and the middle. Thatís the terrorist part as it obviously scared the poor truck half to death. And the arsonist part, starting the grass fire.

I felt a big lurch when the tire cam off, and a car pulled up beside me waving to my trailer. I pulled off as far as I could get. Got out and saw the passenger side rear tire (dual axle trailer) missing and the axle bent, brake wires and parts dangling. Went back to the truck to tell my wife we had real problems. Then I looked back and saw smoke. A short while later I see a fire truck west bound followed by a police car. Great canít get any worse can it? Oh wait, yeah it can. After the fire is put out the police car and fire truck pull in behind me. A deputy gets out and checks on us. We are fine. Then the firemen return my tire to me, and said hereís your tire back to me.

The deputy and fire men were more amused than anything else. Said it happens all the time. No fines or anything.

Then a big rig pulls in behind the parade

He shows me his truck side and said his ear still hurt, sounded like a bomb going off.

After a full exchange of info everybody else take off. We finally got a wrecker out from McLean. I am saying to myself that ainít big enough for this job. But he makes sure nothing will be dragging and has us follow him into town at about 30mph. It was only about 5 miles to town.

Get into town and am shown were to park and drop the trailer. Others from the shop come out and say your that guy that started that fire.

So I started a fire, scared a poor trucker half to death and was well known in McLean, Tx.

We continued on our trip and arrive at our new home the 12.

A trip I never want to repeat. But hey at least it was not boring. You know what? I like BORING TRIPS.

Ken