Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Flaps with aluminium's pieces

Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Flaps with aluminium's pieces

Old 09-10-2020, 02:38 AM
ETpilot

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks. Yes it is small. Nickname of number 2 grand daughter. Wingspan 38 inches. Still not flown. Im building a second foamy which is a floater in flight. I want to fly that one first then give this one a try. Im just learning about electric flight and foam builds.
Old 09-11-2020, 05:02 PM
stearman70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello. I almost finished the wing's struts. I think that from this point to forward , the advance will be faster.
I'll make the slatss supports and I'll began to put the plastic hinges in flaps and alerons..

The wing is upside down. You can see the flaps's servo without hatch

Old 09-12-2020, 02:32 AM
ETpilot

Looking good! I like how you did the cabana struts. That was a critical part. Making sure wing is parallel with the datum line. In your pictures I dont see the rib holes for servo wiring. They may be hidden by the sheeting. Once you get the tail attached it will be an airplane in the bones. Good job building.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:25 PM
stearman70

Hello. I send you the new advance.

FUSE WITH SUPPORT FOR TRANSPORTATION AND STRUTS'S PROTECTION.
Old 09-15-2020, 03:02 PM
ETpilot

Looking good. You are moving along good. Are you going to paint it or use iron on film?
Old 09-15-2020, 04:58 PM
stearman70

Hello. I had not used silk and dope 45 years ago. I am looking for covering films in Hobby King USA, because they are cheaper than monokote and others and have more product, , but they have not white and red. Tower Hobbies have troubles for send item to Mexico. Here in Mxico the dealers are Al Baba (for that 40 thiefers). When you paint the model, Do you use dope and silk yet ? Do you know dealers in USA that sell covering films of many brands, coverite , superkote, etc.? I have buyed in SIG, Tower, Amain hobby, Hobby King USA and China, I need to find others dealers with diferents brands.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:53 AM
stearman70

Hello. Everything is presented, not glued. Everything needs to be sanded, especially the empenage, but there is less to finish. I'm going to make you your fiberglass cowling. With the remaining ones I have of film, I'll try the liner scheme.
Here, with slats and hatchs on the table.

Old 09-17-2020, 03:20 AM
ETpilot

Back in the 70-80s I think I used silk, dope and super proxy paint. When I returned to RC I found SIG Koverall an iron on fabric. I used SIG STIX-IT to adhere it. Then dope and latex house paint. Top coat with polyurethane. I mainly used paint in my builds. Then decided to try iron on film. My KAOS is my third airplane using iron on film. Both systems are good.

I get my film from valuehobby.com. The film is Neucover, 16 rolls $13.99 US. They have white and red but not sure if they ship to Mexico. I can send them a support ticket and ask if you like. Will take a few days for a reply.

Here is my Ugly Stik all covered in Koverall sprayed with latex paint and top coated with polyurethane. The left over blue from 2016 I used on my foamy airplane I pictured. Paint was still good.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:23 AM
stearman70

Hello. I will appreciate reporting the name of the latex paint, as I have used acrylic and I do not like what the tenminate on the film looks like. Also tell me what you mean by polyurethano cover. Thank you.
Old 09-22-2020, 03:21 PM
ETpilot

Originally Posted by stearman70 View Post
Hello. I will appreciate reporting the name of the latex paint, as I have used acrylic and I do not like what the tenminate on the film looks like. Also tell me what you mean by polyurethano cover. Thank you.
I get my paint at Home Depot. A search says there are 3 Home Depot in Guadalajara. The paint I use is a flat Behr, a water base latex house paint. The top coat is sprayed Polyurethane liquid to seal the paint and make it fuel proof. I use a clear gloss which gives a shine to the paint.

Here is picture of sample paint bottle, 8 ounces. A can of spray polyurethane I use. Minwax also makes a polyurethane that builders use. Another airplane painted with latex. The blue and black is adhesive film. Home Depot can mix colors you may want.

El poliuretano sella la pintura del combustible.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:01 PM
stearman70

I found the products you told me, but Home Depot doesn't sell them in Mexico. I can buy them in Usa, but they are very expensive and shipping is very expensive too. I'll keep using only the film.

Polyurethane resin and accs. to make the cowling

Ready to sand.

All presented, not yet sanded or glued. This is to determine GC and position servos, RX, power pack, etc.

. I'm sending you some advances, it is big the time left to finished.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:20 AM
ETpilot

The airplane is beautiful. A very good job building it. I like the mixing paddle you have on your drill. Awaiting pictures when you have the film applied.