Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Wing tube advice

Old 11-12-2020, 05:09 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pylonracr View Post
First of all, center the holes for the wing tube between the spars. This will leave 1/8" of the wing tube in front and in back of the spars. There are two ways to sheer web from the tube to the spars. The most common is to cut small pieces of sheer web material to fit between the top of the wing tube and the center of the underside of the top spar. Do the same for the bottom . The other method is to cut 2 top and 2 bottom sheer web pieces for each rib bay. For the top 2, the bottom of each piece will be sanded to an angle to match the contact point of the wing tube, and the top portion will be glued to the front and back edges of the wing spar. Either method will work, if you choose to use the 2 web, front and rear method, use thinner / lighter material for the webs as there are two of them.

Scott
THANK YOU SCOTT!!
GENIOUS!!

It's been so long since I've built a plane. I haven't flown in 6yrs and I'm rusty on everything. Your comment joggled my frog brain and I remember now. You are exactly correct in how to shear web it when sandwiched between the spars.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Old 11-12-2020, 07:10 PM
Pylonracr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My pleasure my friend. Those of us that are here to help are here because we want to help. We get some measure of satisfaction when we give advice from our many years of experience and members actually benifit from it.

Scott
The following users liked this post:
Rcpilot (11-12-2020)
Old 11-13-2020, 05:07 AM
sensei

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Pylonracr View Post
My pleasure my friend. Those of us that are here to help are here because we want to help. We get some measure of satisfaction when we give advice from our many years of experience and members actually benifit from it.

Scott
Okay Scott, for the first time I am going to disagree with you about your wing tube advice! Just kidding with you buddy...

Bob

Last edited by sensei; 11-13-2020 at 05:10 AM.
Old 11-13-2020, 08:09 AM
Pylonracr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sensei View Post
Okay Scott, for the first time I am going to disagree with you about your wing tube advice! Just kidding with you buddy...

Bob

Bob

Shut up.....

Scott
Old 11-13-2020, 09:51 AM
sensei

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pylonracr View Post
bob

shut up.....

Scott
lol!