Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

How many different Robin Hood 99 designs ?

Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

How many different Robin Hood 99 designs ?

Old 08-04-2020, 12:32 PM
badangle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many different Robin Hood 99 designs ?

I'm building World Engines Robin Hood 99 from a short kit and I've found build threads but my wings have 1/4 inch square stringers and build thread wing has 1/2 x 1/4 stringers?
my ribs are cut for 1/4 square.
I'm used to kit building and this plane has very poor instructions with dark photos from copy machine issues and they don't cover much to begin with.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:36 PM
badangle

I don't know why I'm a premium member all of a sudden????
I didn't pay for it?????
Wassssupppp?
Old 08-07-2020, 09:13 PM
BMatthews

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. List something for sale QUICK ! ! !

You say you are working from a semi kit. The fellow that did the CAD to make up the cut file for the kit might have messed up and used 1/4 square instead of the 1/4x1/2

What you could do is what some of us suggested in your other thread asking about an oddball size stick of balsa which you led us to believe was for the spar. Namely go with the 1/4 sq but use good aircraft spruce or at least good tight and straight grain bass. Or if you can find some tight growth ring count southern pine I understand that it is a strong yet supple wood too. Then just be sure to add the vertical webbing between the upper and lower pieces to lock them together to form a box spar.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:25 PM
badangle

Thanks for replying. ..
yes I think I went to wrong vendor for semi kit...ribs are 1/8 should be 3/16 and many other discrepancies but plan shows 1/4 sq......is there another blueprint showing 1/4 x 1/2???
Plan (blueprint) from World Engines ?
if I call a company that sells short kit for World Engines Robin Hood 99 do i need to ask what version??
My short departure from full kit not great so far..