Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

f4u folding wings

Old 01-05-2021, 01:33 PM
oly9

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default f4u folding wings

Just a quick message to see if anyone has designed a folding wing for a F4U? I would like to try but looking for ideas that have worked in the past. I know there was some commercial sites that had these for a while but they are gone now.If you or anyone has done this I would like to hear from you and get some details on what you did and how it worked. Thanks in advance, Oly9
Old 01-06-2021, 02:52 AM
ETpilot

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry to hear of the loss of interest in RC. Life changes and life issues sometimes get in the way. That is the case with me. The local clubs are just too far for me so I fly from my runway at home. But, lots of overlooked home projects have taken my time away from RC. I’ve managed to build 2 foamies but never have flown them.

Now, with the sale of the Florida house lots of rearranging going on. I have lost my hangar in the spare bedroom so I have to move my airplanes to the workshop. Probably hang them from the roof truss.

Since the pandemic started, I have been working on the neglected home projects. Yesterday I inherited another big project. Heavy rain Christmas Eve messed up my house drain system. Got a backflow twice. Yesterday I dug about 30 feet of dirt looking for a clean out plug. I found it broken with dirt clogging the line. This clean out plug was placed right in the middle of the driveway between house and shop. So I’m going to move it. Just another big job. It will never end.

Hopefully 2021 will be a good RC year. I’m a scratch builder but I do have 3 kits on hold. Maybe one day I will work on them. Drawing lines and cutting wood or, now, foam is my thing.

Looking forward to a very good 2021.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:27 AM
allanflowers

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by oly9 View Post
Just a quick message to see if anyone has designed a folding wing for a F4U? I would like to try but looking for ideas that have worked in the past. I know there was some commercial sites that had these for a while but they are gone now.If you or anyone has done this I would like to hear from you and get some details on what you did and how it worked. Thanks in advance, Oly9
Maybe this can help: https://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum...lding+wing+F4U