Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Ziroli Ringmaster?

Old 05-21-2002, 12:17 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ziroli Ringmaster?

Hello,

I bought plans through Model Airplane News for a Ziroli Ringmaster, and I think I am going to dust off the plans and start building it. I was curious if there awere any people out there that had built and or flown one. I was thinking of maybe an O.S. .40 FX or a Webra .40 to put in it. Any help qould be appreciated. Thanks alot.
Old 05-24-2002, 03:55 AM
modlflyr
My Feedback: (1)

Default ringmaster

I too recently received the MAN Ringmaster plans. It will be my next project (I've got a Sig MidStar that need to be covered and a GP PT-40 to finish with the kids first). This will be my first plans-built project. I'd be happy to compare notes.

BTW, I emailed Ziroli, and the wheel pants, cowl, and canopy are still available at the same price as listed on the plans - though the shipping has gone up.

Tom
Old 11-29-2006, 02:00 PM
JGspeed

Default RE: Ziroli Ringmaster?

I'm still in the building phase. It's not from Ziroli plans but pretty close. Fuse and stab are done and the wings ready to go, I'm just keeping the bench clean until my old man finishes his Kaos wing. I have to build on a budget so the wood choices weren't the best, but it still looks like it will come in at a good weight. My plans called for 1/4 x 3/8 spars and I ripped those from some old yellow pine. It seems like overkill after checking the strength of the wood so I might substitute lighter balsa for the lower spar. I intend to do the covering the old fashioned way, fabric and dope. I've had some guys tell me that fabric stores have a dead ringer for silkspan that is much cheaper and the local airport is a good source for cheap dope and thinner. I'd like to get away from "moneykote" for a while. It's good to hear that that Ziroli still has some parts for this great old design. I think it's good to keep the old designs flying.