Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

New Moderator

Old 12-16-2001, 07:04 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Moderator

Hi, all...

Thought I'd introduce myself, as one of the Moderator's in this forum...

My name is Roger Phillips, and I live in Oxford, Indiana, 20 miles from Lafayette, home of the Purdue Boilermakers. I am married to a GREAT wife, and we have a 10 year old daughter. My wife has been very understanding about $$$'s going to planes, time spent on planes, sawdust in the carpet, etc. Should everyone be so lucky!

I have been flying since '88 with a short hiatus in there, while rebuilding a 110 year old Victorian home. I work as an Electronic Technician with the US Postal Service.

I am a very active builder, and I have built practically every sort of plane, other than multi-engine, and scale. I am not the classic airplane-buff turned R/C'er, but rather I enjoy R/C primarily, and planes were the logical progression - something about three dimensions!! I normally have at least 2 or 3 projects on the building board, and never less than a dozen projects waiting.

My record building time was one week, from starting with just plans, to plane in the air, of an Asterion, build from RCM Plans. Longest?? I have an MK Joker Pattern that has been in stages of completion for 3 years.

Currently, I am replacing the foundation in the basement, around what was once a coal room, and that is going to become my building room.

My 10 year old daughter is now flying a LiteStick, and actually landed it her 2nd flight! Looking forward to her .40 size trainer, come spring.

I prefer to "scratch" build, and I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 plans, from Peanut to Giants. Someday I hope to catalog them all, and provide a "lending" service to potential builders. If it comes about, you all will be the first to know!

Hopefully, I will be able to spread some of my hard-earned (hard-learned??) knowledge to this forum.

Old 12-17-2001, 02:41 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Default plans

All those plans you dont by any chance have the ones for the florio flyer do you? I have wanted one ever since I saw it on the Top gun video several years ago. I have been flying alot of profiles but I want to try something really really hot.
Old 12-17-2001, 05:10 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Default Florio Flyer

Sorry, but no. And it's a shame...Florio was some pretty nice stuff, looks AND flying...

I will keep my ears and eyes open, though...
Old 12-17-2001, 08:33 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Default re

Thanks anyway. Maybe someone will see this post and happen to have em. ......John
Old 12-18-2001, 12:47 AM

Default New Moderator

Welcome Roger. I enjoyed reading your bio. It's nice to know the background of other modelers.