Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Hall Buldog Plans

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 06:36 PM
tflame
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hall Buldog Plans

Hello All
I would like to know if anybody has built a Hall Bulldog Racer from Vern Clements plans. I would like to buy the plans but there is not much info on this plans on the forums I searched. I know Cleveland Air Lines Also has the plans but from what I read they sometimes don`t show much on installation of engines and radios since some are scaled up rubber models.
your help will be appreciated.
Yours
Juan
Old 02-08-2005, 04:53 PM
4trax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hall Buldog Plans

hello juan
I have come across some halls bulldog plans here in New Zealand from NZ Aero Products. It is 78" 4 function on a 4 sheet plan for a .91ci engine.
contact details are
NZ Areo Products
34 Ward Parade
Stirling Point
Bluff
New Zealand
phone : 0274271843 (inside NZ)
+64274271843 (outside NZ)

He also stocks many other plans that they have developed including a vast array of ag-plane plans..its worth contacting him.

hope it helps
Bradley
Old 02-09-2005, 09:54 AM
CoosBayLumber

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are planning on flying the model powered by anything other than a rubber band, begin looking harder. I know there have been advertisements for the Bulldog in a multitude of proportions. A good ten years ago or so, there was big list in MODERN AVIATION of who was selling plans for all of the classic racers. I think there were about five listed at that time.

This is a difficult A/C to fly, so is best to lean upon previously tested models and the resulting plans, not pure scale plans.

Wm.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:18 AM
tflame

Hello 4trax and coosbay lumber

Thanks for the information and advice. I was researching this for a friend and he decided to order the Vern Clements plans. I will check the NZ aero products . I realize this is not an easy to fly plane and I will follow coos advise if I buy a set for myself. I have flown some heavy scale jobs and I know you just don`t jerk them around or espect them to float specially at high wing loadings. speed and altitude are our best buddy`s.

juan
Old 02-27-2005, 09:12 PM
tflame

Hello All
Received the Vern Clements Hall bulldog Drawings and to my friend and me they are of limited use.
All the drawings showed full size aircraft construction leaving me to engineer a model. It should be noted that if you want to build a full size replica they are it. They show a lot of detail if you would want to finish a scale model. To me it was a loss of money as I didn`t want to start that far back.
Will be checking the NZ company that sell the plans for an R/C model.
juan[&o][&o][&o]
Old 08-24-2020, 11:14 PM
marcdeklerk

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default plans

Originally Posted by tflame
Hello All
Received the Vern Clements Hall bulldog Drawings and to my friend and me they are of limited use.
All the drawings showed full size aircraft construction leaving me to engineer a model. It should be noted that if you want to build a full size replica they are it. They show a lot of detail if you would want to finish a scale model. To me it was a loss of money as I didn`t want to start that far back.
Will be checking the NZ company that sell the plans for an R/C model.
juan[&o][&o][&o]
did you manage to get the plans? if you still have them, my i please get a copy? thanks in advance!
Old 08-28-2020, 04:11 AM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I just saw this plan on aerofred.com. You may want to check this site. You have to register and log in to download the plan and articles. Hope this helps you out.

https://aerofred.com/details.php?image_id=103013
Old 08-28-2020, 04:28 AM
marcdeklerk

Originally Posted by ETpilot
I just saw this plan on aerofred.com. You may want to check this site. You have to register and log in to download the plan and articles. Hope this helps you out.

https://aerofred.com/details.php?image_id=103013
thanks , yes I found a copy and uploaded it for everyone,
Old 09-02-2020, 09:53 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

If you want bulldog plans go to the autozone site you will not be disappointed plans are free. OR get the plans for this from me I have one and a half or so set all or nothing.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:05 AM
marcdeklerk

Originally Posted by donnyman
If you want bulldog plans go to the autozone site you will not be disappointed plans are free. OR get the plans for this from me I have one and a half or so set all or nothing.

which plans are these?
Old 09-02-2020, 10:21 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Marcdeklerk

The plans are from Don Neil 97 inch wingspan Mr Neil has passed and his son is no longer interested last I heard.