Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

U Can Do plans

Old 03-14-2005, 11:55 PM
JGspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: U Can Do plans

Just wanted to keep anyone that's been keeping up with this thread informed. The attached file (compressed to zip format) will include all the work I've done so far. The files that I compress will be in dxf format ( I do this to allow people to use freeware/shareware utilities)
Old 03-15-2005, 08:13 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting point of view on the copywrite issue. I have been considering drawing up plans on the Rascall 110. I have a destroyed wing that I'm planning on disassembling and copying. Never wanted to say anything about it because of the copywrite issue. I have no intension of selling the plans. A few other guys in the club want to build one and I would like to build a 140" version. Are you speculating or do you have some kind of reference to support your thinking. Would just like to know.

I would also like to get a set of plans for the U-Can-Do. Looks like a fun plane.
Edwin
(In Leander, just a hop skip and a jump from Cedar Park)
Old 03-15-2005, 08:54 AM
marwen1
My Feedback: (6)

copywrite

Basicaly, if you, the new designer, makes a "significant" change to any set of plans,--- there is NOT an infringement. I have been a professional photographer for well over 45 years. People would bring in PILES of things for me to reproduce. If it was just a blatent "make a copy" of this -- I was obligated to respect the original photographers copyright. Back in 1978, the laws were changed. You no longer have to actually write that obligatory copyright symbol. The C with a circle around it. (This system won't accept the type) The very second you lay a line down onto paper, it is YOUR COPYRIGHT. The second you trip that shutter. It is your COPYRIGHT! There are underlying situations though that countermand this.

marwen
Old 07-19-2005, 07:12 AM
Davesplace80

JGspeed
I don't see the attachment. Would it be possible for you to e-mail me the plans for the U Can Do ?

Thanks
dave
Old 07-19-2005, 07:36 AM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Worry about Great Planes copyrights strikes me as very funny. Through the years I have seen quite a number of small companies that have had their designs ripped off by Great Planes. A couple small changes (like a name change), a lower price, flashy ad, and who can compete?
Old 09-09-2006, 08:54 AM
beenbuilding60

JG Speed,
I had the wing blow off my U-Can-Do 46 ARF and the fuse broke up in impact. The wing fluttered to the ground but needed some repair which I have made. Could you e-mail me the plans also please?[&o]
Old 09-10-2006, 10:10 PM
proffcharlie

I'm not trying to kill anybody's fire but keep in mind that the airframe on the U-CAN-DO 46 and 60 are not the same. If you look closely the horizontal stab is lower in the fuse on the 46 than on the 60. The canopy area is not the same either. I have flown both and they do not fly the same because of the differences. Next time you have a chance to compare the two side by side you can note a verity of differences that change the flight character. It would be interesting to see if a down sized 60 air frame would fly better than the 46.

Charlie
Old 09-11-2006, 12:23 PM
fritzke
My Feedback: (1)

JG,
Here is one I did in Autocad of the Pizazz, then my pal Gene Rock created a multi-page Acrobat file for me so it can be printed on anything.
Lots of guys in my club liked the Pizazz, so I thought I'd "archive" it. I added an aerodynamic counterbalnce to the rudder
and show an optional thicker wing, which I have never tried. Anyway, it took a lot of time to do it!
Dave
[link=http://my.pclink.com/~dfritzke/upload/PizazzTiled.pdf]Link to Pizazz Plans in Acrobat format.[/link]
Old 09-23-2006, 03:50 AM
highfly3D

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello

Every one knows that the U Can Do 3D 60 has a bit diffrent design that the 40 size version, especially the stab is on the lower position, see to it if any one is building the 40 size U Can Do 3D you slightly lower your stablizer, Its really helpfull and works.

Highfly3D.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:39 AM
cosmospho

Any files yet ???
Old 10-21-2006, 08:51 AM
futaba7c

can you send me the plans also? thanks in advance
Old 12-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Prboz

Would it be possible to get a copy as well. Thanks.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:25 AM
kilohertz

Good day folks,

Did anybody receive the plans for this airplane? I have one that was moderately crashed but its definitely restorable and would like to do so. If anybody has these and could share them with me either here or on a private message or an email please do so.

thank you