Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Aerobatic Plane

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 10:27 PM
Tex Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobatic Plane

I am going to build a cross between an Extra and a Sukoi (sp). I want to build with a round cowl....... as it is very easy to make your own with a plastic bowl from Wal-Mart as a mold. I want to make it with a constant chord wing I believe. It will be a mid wing with a t-tail. The t-tail gets the horizontal stab up out of the turbulent air into clean air. I am looking for an extra type conopy...... or any other that could be made to work. May make the canopy out of a plastic throw-away bottle. Any ideas or thoughts are welcome. The plane will be a lot like the Sig S.E. with a round cowl....... and of course the t-tail. Just want something different........ that will fly slow and stable..... or really do the aerobatics when needed. Will use a .90 size 4-stroke....... Magnum of course...... thats all I fly. I would just buy a Sig S.E. and cut off the sides beyond the firewall and horizontally mount the engine. I just want it to be a little bigger plane for the .91 4-stroke...... and again so it won't be like everyone elses plane..... not to mention being able to build it with 20 to 30 dollars worth of wood. Appreciate any feedback. Tex
Old 12-22-2001, 07:06 PM
jimblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aerobatic plane

i like your idea i can send you a wing rib template if you send me your snailmail adress. it is awing rib from a 120 size stinger i scratch built. i also have several different size canopeys. i also convert weed eater and chainsaw engines for r\c plane use. i love to scratch build and have about 8 projjects going now and just recieved plans for a 25% 540 edge. keep in touch on your project blackie