Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Desert Duster Plans

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 12:58 PM
rahtware

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desert Duster Plans

Has anyone (besides me) heard of this obscure early ultralight? A few years ago I built a quarter scale version of it from the article in Model Builder. I am now trying to build an 1/8 scale version (36?) for E-power.

I would like to find plans for the original bird as it has all the quirkiness (full flying stab, your shoes for brakes, truss-work framing, semi-undercamberd wing, etc. that makes it interesting to me. I have been thinking of building a ½ scale version (12? span).

BTW, the original flew on 12hp. My quarter scale one flew on an old Enya .19.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	29576_15871.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	18831  
Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 PM
skywardone

Default RE: Desert Duster Plans

WIsh i still had my fullsize plans. The Author Dee Millet taught some freinds and I to fly RC in the center of the Refinerys in longbeach. was a very good guy and sorry to hear he is gone. we built a pair of these in 1/4 scale . he would bring his 1/4 scale and 1/8 scale versions and we would have a real slow flyer heyday . if you come up with a set i would love to buy a copy from you.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:55 PM
Chris costa

I had the pleasure of meeting dee when I was about twelve years old. Great guy. He taught me to fly out in Torrance. I have the originals to the desert duster. Brings back memories. One of my father's favorite planes.