Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

40% Piel Emeraude CAD help Needed

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

40% Piel Emeraude CAD help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 11:44 PM
tarvma02
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 40% Piel Emeraude CAD help Needed

Hi,

I'm working on a 40% Piel Emeraude (this is the homebuilt prelude to the CAP-10 series). I own the full-scale version so I finally have an excuse to do a nice scale project. It's big enough to add some nice detailing.

Does anyone know of a service that can convert the paper ribs, formers, etc. to CAD format so I can laser cut them?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 01-31-2006, 09:51 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 40% Piel Emeraude CAD help Needed

I have done a K-boodle of them for several of the vendors noted at the head of this forum. Most often like to do such for kits or replications which will involve numerous repititions.

However, if you are going to laser cut them yourself, the format of the driver running the equipment would then be needed to know.

Wm.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:48 PM
kamakazerc
My Feedback: (2)

if you have the same plans that my emeraude was built from, you will be very happy. i just bought mine already built from a guy in a close by club. it was a bit rough around the edges, but its about 15 years old or so. so it was under stanable. I have since cleaned it up a bit and put a paint sceam on it. boy does it fly nice. realy scale too. hope to see pics of yours as it goes together. I will post some updated pics of mine when I get them down loaded. See my
< my pictures> for Kamakazerc. nice to see there will be another one flying soon......

Mike
Old 10-18-2007, 10:25 PM
mga

Hi, would you guys know if a canopy is available for the 40% scale.
Thanks
Old 08-02-2010, 03:31 PM
kamakazerc
My Feedback: (2)

Hey tarvma02 ! I hope you are still around. I am on a quest. I know this post was from way back, but maybe you can help me. I unfortunatly just crashed my 40% emeraude, and its a total. but I bought this plane a few years back and realy loved it. I am now searching for plans to build a new one. I would even pay to have some one like you copy them, if yours are still legable. If you get this and think you could help, please send me a note or call me at 313-550-0482.
Thanks........Mike
Old 08-17-2010, 11:31 AM
jkpape

I'm thinking that Jerry VanHeswick drew the plans. Unfortuately, he was killed in a experiment plane crash a couple of years ago.