Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Mike Pastro's CT-114 or F-18

Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Mike Pastro's CT-114 or F-18

Old 06-20-2015, 07:08 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally this summer

Well Sir Crashallot, This will be the summer to fly this plane (finally). The last few years, I've been busy getting my son involved in the hobby. Hopefully he'll get his "Wings" through the club training program this summer. I just have to install the battery and final balance the plane. I will be running the engine this weekend hopefully. It's father's day and the Manitoba Marathon, and my 14 year old daughter is running the 7Km stretch of the 5 person relay with some girls from school. I have to go cheer her on for that. 30 years ago I probably could have run that easily. But a few extra pounds and type 2 diabetes slows you down. Even if I could run it my sugars might drop too quickly It's an excuse). If I could run with her. I would.

I have a couple of good friends in the club who would help me get this plane in the air.

Jim

Originally Posted by sir crashallot
Would be nice to see her in the air. If only we had a local flying club with a tarmac runway id build one of these in a shot keep up the good work JIM

Last edited by Jim_Purcha; 06-20-2015 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:11 AM
Jim_Purcha

Maybe I can get this hangar queen in the air this year 2020!

Reverting back to glow. I was converting it to electric to help change the CG of the model. Battery would have been on the CG, electric motor lighter then the super tigre glow engine. The paint is not fuel proof on the fuselage. I recovered the wing in monokote. Lost some weight on the model, but not a lot. Tried setting it up for electric, but couldn't get a good battery, motor and prop (pusher prop) combination. Not too many larger electric pusher props available locally or on line. I didn't want to get into 5S batteries. I'll fly small electrics, but unsure of the larger batteries and motors. For electric, this model has to be redesigned to drop off at least 2 lbs and bring the finished model in the 4-4.5 lbs max. range.

Did little flying this year. Just didn't make time for it with a new job etc.

Jim

Last edited by Jim_Purcha; 01-01-2020 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-22-2022, 06:32 PM
Jim_Purcha

After two years of covid and limited flying sites. Busy jobs, deck and yard work complete. Blizzard of winter. Maybe I will find the time to fly this model.

Jim