Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

CAD questions?

Old 01-28-2003, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAD questions?

CoosBayLumber (or anyone else) -

Do you know of any raster to DXF or DWG (Autocad) conversion software that's freeware or shareware ?

(I can scan and I have plenty of plans that I would like to place in Cad but it's a lot of work. A raster to DXF or whatever would save a lot of work.)
Old 01-28-2003, 07:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default raSTER VECTOR

I have used scan vector its not too bad and i cant remember the other one. as for saving time well from the conversions I have done I spent more time cleaning up the conversions than if i just imported the scan and traced it myself in the cad progream. Also Corel Draw has a trace feature built into it. Email Me I may have a copy of scan vector laying around still. my email addy is a couple posts up.

Joe
Old 01-29-2003, 01:23 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CAD questions?

rzanti:

There are a host of the free ones out the on the web. www.cadalog and www.cnet has several. These however are demo or freeware.

Wm.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAD questions?

http://www.wburrows.demon.co.uk/soft...index-free.htm