Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Big Lazy Bee fuse w/ Arf wing?? >

Big Lazy Bee fuse w/ Arf wing??

Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Big Lazy Bee fuse w/ Arf wing??

Old 02-11-2002, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Lazy Bee fuse w/ Arf wing??

I have had too much trouble with a 60" Big Lazy Bee wing. There were warps and 2 twists in the wing. Btw, the weight of the plane required that I use an FX61 just to get the plane off the ground. It had a very short flight but the wing twist caused it to constantly try to turn. I tried to just build it flat to get rid of the twists and then add ailerons but the weight is just getting too excessive. I am wondering if I should just pick up a large ARF wing for an LT40 or a 60 size Arf wing. It has 900 Sq. in. and is a lot thinner. Its not too much smaller than the original. Will it fly a lot faster with the thinner and narrower wing? Would it create a problem because of the large rudder and elevator or would it still be a slow flyer? Thankx for your ideas and/or thoughts on this. I have put a lot of work into this just to get the shocks and tail wheel steering working properly and would prefer to get it off the ground flying properly if I can!! I did buy a new 75 2 stroke engine for it.