Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Working with DXF in CATIA V5

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Working with DXF in CATIA V5

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Miniflyer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Working with DXF in CATIA V5

Hi guys,

a while back i posted a question on how to get a dxf into catia. All is well now, and i did get the parts in there just as i needed.
However, the results are very very inconsistent.
What i did: i drew the outline of the flight surfaces i want, and then imported the dxf. Since these consisted of individual lines (black, not white/green as is usually the case), i had to use the "offset" function set at "0" to get a usable part. The original black dxf lines were then deleted, and the white part copied to the file with the outline. Placed on the surfaces, aligned and then lofted to the surface, which looked pretty good at first glance.
BUT it seems the lines are inconsistent. Every time i add a fill or extrude the body it starts making wavy patterns...see attachments. This is probably due to the dxfs....
I have tried removing the lines of the dxf and replacing them with a catia spline, but they become very very odd-shaped (huge waves instead of a curved shape).
Does anybody have an idea how i get usable results with Corel-based foiles (exported to dxf or dwg or whatever)?

Thanks a lot
Hank
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81696.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	625741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52461.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	625742   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rx60041.jpg