Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Help With Profili2

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Zero
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Profili2

This is a great program. If you have not seen it give them a look. Profili2
I have just began to explore this program and from what I can see presently is a great and useful program and very inexpensive. I am having toruble with one aspect and don't seem to understand it. I traced an airfoil, I know what you are thinking already, why don't I use one of the airfoils in the program, from a set of plans that I enlarged by 25%. None of the airfoils in the program seem to fit. I did find one that came close however the leading edge was to sharp and the airfoil was to thick along the lower surface. The plan only showed the tip and root ribs. After tracing I established the upper and lower coordinates and used 20 chord stations for plotting. I used a negative dimension for the lower coordinates. After I entered the coordinates in Profili2's Creat A New Airfoil, the preview shows a very thin rib and not the same thickness as the plan rib. Any help would be appreciated.
This program has many features that I want to use, such as building tabs, spar locations and sheeting.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:20 PM
kdc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help With Profili2

I found that Profili printed perfectly but looked wrong when just displayed on my widescreen monitor.