Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Source for fiberglass panels? (circuit board type)

Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Source for fiberglass panels? (circuit board type)

Old 12-01-2009, 04:11 PM
kriegsmacht
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Source for fiberglass panels? (circuit board type)

Does anyone know where to get fiberglass laminated plates? What I am thinking is something like an unprinted circuit board.

There are thousands of R/C helicopter and car frames and parts made from flat sheets of fiberglass or carbon fiber. Where are the manufacturers getting the uncut sheets? I think Radio Shack used to carry unprinted fiberglass circuit boards, but I can't find any on their online store.

The reason I am asking is I have a little Lite Machines helicopter with a cracked plywood frame. I have the proper plywood to trace and cut out another, but had the idea to upgrade to a fiberglass frame.

Thanks..
Old 12-01-2009, 05:07 PM
dreadnaut
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Source for fiberglass panels? (circuit board type)

Try McMaster Carr. http://www.mcmaster.com/
Old 12-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Laird SS

What you're looking for is also sold as G-10 or FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) or FR-4. You should be able to find it in McMaster-Carr. They carry more stuff than you can imagine. Another alternative might be a plastic supply house.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:54 PM
kriegsmacht
My Feedback: (12)

Thanks everyone.. I think the 1/8" sheets at McMaster are just what I was looking for.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:56 PM
R/C Lee
My Feedback: (3)

I bought some 1/16" sheets of G10 from McMaster, and I'm very happy with the price and delivery. Also amazed at how many times I have gone back to the sheets to make some more parts. I initially bought them for a Jerry Bates SBD Dauntless for the air brakes and flaps instead of plywood which in 1/16" bows and warps. The G10 is very stable, but since it is so hard, it tends to eat blades on my scroll saw. To drill the many holes on the Dauntless, I got some inexpensive diamond-edged hole saws from Harbor Freight; worked like a charm. Lee
Old 01-12-2020, 08:55 AM
Pop Alexandra

You could try Les Revetements Agro. They have all sorts of fiberglass panels. Thank me later!