Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

3d to 2d exporting?

Old 01-22-2010, 08:20 AM
icemanx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3d to 2d exporting?

Hello,

I'm nearly finished my Ultimate project on 3d in Rhinoceros. But i don't have a clue about preparing parts to laser cut. I can mesh outline some objects but what about angled or curved objects? I need your help! Example curved part is in yellow in the pictures.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	xv63500.png
Views:	23
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	1361447   Click image for larger version

Name:	ws56749.png
Views:	20
Size:	282.8 KB
ID:	1361448  
Old 01-22-2010, 08:55 AM
AntonioA

Default RE: 3d to 2d exporting?

first of all you have tu extract a surface of a fuse side then you can to divide this part in a, for example, 5 parts, draw plane exch sector, and then rotate 3d each part to align and plane and to do siluette , the error was very little, other posibilitte is first "extract a surface" of a fuse side, then draw a plane vertical and "pull" over that surface the extract surface. The error was a litlle more, but it will depend of the curve of fuse side.

Best regard
[email protected]
www.artecnc.com.ar

Sorry my english...
Old 01-22-2010, 09:38 AM
icemanx

Default RE: 3d to 2d exporting?

first of all you have tu extract a surface of a fuse side then you can to divide this part in a, for example, 5 parts, draw plane exch sector, and then rotate 3d each part to align and plane and to do siluette
I'll try that way. Thanks!!!