Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

BUSA 1/4 cub builders, questions

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

BUSA 1/4 cub builders, questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 02:46 PM
chip_MG
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUSA 1/4 cub builders, questions

Hi all,

I like building my planes from plans only, one have build from RCM, MAN, and MA. I am really sad these days seems there is no construction articles are being published anymore. Makes me think there are not many plans / scratch builders in the USA, but I know there are still a bunch. Just that most new pilots are only learning the flying part of the hobby due to all the arfs. Oh well, some may eventually venture into the the real RC aircraft hobby in time.

Here's my question to you all who've built the BUSA 1/4 cub. I see the plans are offered by them and was wanting to know what they call from in the fuse frame up, are they using balsa sticks or spruce / pine sticks from the fuse airframe.

That's it ya see I've never built a cub and think its hi time I got with the program.

thanks all,
Happy landings
Old 07-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BUSA 1/4 cub builders, questions

Its balsa and spruce sticks. No pine or anything like that. I wouldnt say you couldnt use pine, just not advisable.
Edwin
Old 07-14-2010, 06:21 PM
WALKERS210-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The BALSA USA 1/4 scale Cub when finished is a super good looking and super flier. I have built several Cubs in the last 20 yr or so and the Balsa USA is one of the best. The last one I built had issues with some of the parts not exactly fitting and manual was off in few places which I attributed to typos. Quality of wood is very good if you want to build a Cub go with the 1/4 scale Balsa USA, you will not be disappointed. I don't even know if SIG still has theirs available or not but it is defiantly not a beginners kit.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It has been awhile since I built mine but I believe the fuse was all 1/4 in square balsa sticks, no spruce or bass wood.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:40 AM
chip_MG
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx all for the input guys.

I started my RC building with BUSA kits, Glad to hear their still as good as before then their stick 40 was only $14.95.

thanks all,

Happy landings