RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/)
-   -   RC Modeler Magazines/Articles are available to you! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scratch-building-aircraft-design-3d-cad-174/11595342-rc-modeler-magazines-articles-available-you.html)

multimike 08-21-2019 04:58 PM

bristol brownie

Would you have the May 1970 issue that had the Bristol Brownie plans and building instructions, my friend just built one from downloaded plan and there was no info on wing incidence and control travel and it just would not fly thanks , I am now 84 and still building and flying Mike

Jeff Sawyer 11-29-2019 09:08 PM

Looking for RCM Jan 1969 / G+K Beechcraft Staggerwing kit

Originally Posted by ser00 (Post 11745836)
Hello all,

I finally completed a labor of love that took three years in the making. When I first got started in RC modeling, I would pick up Radio Control Modeler Magazine and read the articles in it from cover to cover and repeat. Well, this was during my college days and I needed to make a decision between finishing school or building more airplanes. After completing my degree, I got back into building and flying RC planes. I ordered a set of plans from RCMplans.com (when they were still faithful in getting their plans out to customers) and I was looking for a build article for the F-117 (February 1997 issue) and I asked if anybody could send me a scanned copy of the article. Well, all I got was that I could pay for the article or buy the magazine from individuals. I thought that this was not very helpful so I decided to look on EBAY and I found and obtained the magazine. I read the magazine from cover to cover and I remember how much I enjoyed the magazine. I decided to see if I could order more RC Modeler Magazines to read. After acquiring a fair number of magazines, I decided that I would scan the magazines and convert them into PDFs for easy storage and retrieval. Long story short, I have acquired, scanned and converted them all into PDFs. All the issues from October 1963 to June 2005. Along the way, I have also collected Model Aviation, Model Airplane News and Flying Model magazines, all of which have been scanned to PDF. So, if you are looking for an article, a review, a build article or whatever, please let me know and I will upload the article so that you and anybody else can enjoy it.

Happy flying and soft landings!

Hello!!!
I hope this finds you well??
I am looking for RCM Jan 1969 issue that has a article on a G+K Beechcraft Staggerwing kit
Than You If you have or have not the info I am looking for!

Jeff Sawyer
Lancaster, Ohio
740-653-1296

AlexGuz 02-11-2020 06:43 PM

Skyrocket RCM June 1996

Hi my name is Alex and I am looking for the article of the Skyrocket XF5F-1 showed at the RCModeler of June 1996, I am trying to get plans from all places and this is the one that I need, I hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance
Alex

Gersam 04-15-2020 07:48 PM

Hi,

I am looking for an electronics construction article by George Steiner and his Glitch Recorder which appeared in the RCM Magazine issue of March, April and September 1994.
Appreciate your assistance.
Thanks.

Gerry

spitty 04-10-2021 09:50 AM

Jeff,
that sounds unbelievable....
So I am in hope, you have the Pavel Bosak review about his Starfighter available?

Should be published in 07/2000

Many thanks in advance
Andy

Chad H 04-14-2021 06:16 AM

Looking for Dave Platt particle

Hello.
Seen your thread here.
Major amount of work you done.
Looking for May 1986 RCM article on Dave Platts 1/5.5 scale Focke Wulf 190.
But, I could be mistaken and the information I have is incorrect.
Thank you.
Chad.
[email protected]

stearman70 06-09-2021 02:25 AM

Hello. I just see your post. Big and beatiful job. Can you send me Skybooster' article from RC Modeler July 1988 ? I built that bird, but I have some troubles. Thanks in advance. My email:
[email protected].

Skydanz 06-26-2021 06:29 PM

Ken Willard Black Beauty

Hello all,

I finally completed a labor of love that took three years in the making. When I first got started in RC modeling, I would pick up Radio Control Modeler Magazine and read the articles in it from cover to cover and repeat. Well, this was during my college days and I needed to make a decision between finishing school or building more airplanes. After completing my degree, I got back into building and flying RC planes. I ordered a set of plans from RCMplans.com (when they were still faithful in getting their plans out to customers) and I was looking for a build article for the F-117 (February 1997 issue) and I asked if anybody could send me a scanned copy of the article. Well, all I got was that I could pay for the article or buy the magazine from individuals. I thought that this was not very helpful so I decided to look on EBAY and I found and obtained the magazine. I read the magazine from cover to cover and I remember how much I enjoyed the magazine. I decided to see if I could order more RC Modeler Magazines to read. After acquiring a fair number of magazines, I decided that I would scan the magazines and convert them into PDFs for easy storage and retrieval. Long story short, I have acquired, scanned and converted them all into PDFs. All the issues from October 1963 to June 2005. Along the way, I have also collected Model Aviation, Model Airplane News and Flying Model magazines, all of which have been scanned to PDF. So, if you are looking for an article, a review, a build article or whatever, please let me know and I will upload the article so that you and anybody else can enjoy it.

is there a way to look up an article using a keyword? I built the Black Beauty for Ken Willard in 1984-5. I'd like to find the full article if possible. The model has been submitted to the AMA museum.
Don
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...554e274515.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...a72bbd13f6.jpg

kodi7 10-18-2021 08:57 PM

RCM Articles

Would you happen to have the 2002 RCM article on the Moki 2.1 ci glow engine? I'm not sure how this works but if you can, please send the article to me at [email protected].
Let me know of the charges and I will forward payment via PayPal.
Thanks for your tremendous efforts.
Bill

guylem 01-29-2022 12:22 PM

Hello all,

Hi, I am hoping that you are still able to help modelers looking for specific articles in the RC modeler magazine. I am looking for the review done by Clarence Lee of the Mike GR6-120 engine designed by Mike Goldowsky and manufactured by Radial Engine Technologies. I beleive it was published in 1989. Thank you in advance, Guy

flyingagin 01-29-2022 03:25 PM

There are some sites that have a good number of articles from RCM, and one site that has a good number of the magazines that can be downloaded.

There maybe more but I don't have them. If some one else more site it would be real nice to list them.
In the below list some are just plans and the construction article.
This is all I have.
On MeWe there is a group run by a guy who has huge collection of magazine (sever different publishers. He is put them up in partial form, but has a long way to go. You might see if he has what you need. BUZZ’S RC AIRPLANE MAGAZINE COLLECTION
https://mewe.com/group/614560cfae856f68608a9671 This link may not work
Z’S RC AIRPLANE MAGAZINE COLLECTIONCOLLECTION

https://pulling-gz.blogspot.com/?view=flipcard
https://outerzone.co.uk/
https://www.hippocketaeronautics.com...lans/index.php
https://rclibrary.co.uk/index.asp
https://rcbookcase.com/
https://rclibrary.co.uk/

Ken

bchapman 02-03-2022 09:52 AM

Hello all,

Thank you for doing this! These old magazines are a real treasure and have lots of information that is still needed today.

I'm looking for the April 1984 edition of RCM. There's an article in there written by the late Col. Art Johnson about carbon reinforcement of the wings on his F-100D Super Sabre. If you could upload this I would really appreciate it. I'm currently building this model and it would be helpful.

I hope I'm able to return the favor.

Brian

hoops 02-24-2022 01:51 PM

Long John 60?

Hyperk 10-17-2022 11:32 PM

Hi!

I'm looking for the RCM issue from April 1980.

Thank you so much for creating this archive.

Captain Gregg 12-09-2022 08:01 AM

Build articles

Good morning! I just came across your post regarding articles from RCM Magazine.
I am looking for articles (mainly build articles) by Julius Greenberger. He is now 95 years old and a long time rc hobbyist. Unfortunately Julius is barely flying these days. I am in the midst of putting together a small tribute for him that I'd like to present to him and his family. (All dear friends of mine). I'm wondering if you can locate those articles for me.
also there was a small blurb about him in the district news section of Model Airplane News a few years ago (district 1). Thank you in advance and thank you for your efforts to digitize RCM

Pipercubmaster 05-02-2023 09:33 PM

Would you happen to have the article for the electric powered PT-19 from July 1989? Thanks

alempel 12-22-2023 01:18 PM

Hi,
Thank you very much for doing this.
Do you have the article about "Big Old Bipe" it is on RCM August 2002.