Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Sea Dancer

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Sea Dancer

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 11:17 PM
Midget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sea Dancer

I.m looking for a set of plans for a Sea Dancer. Anybody know where I can find them?
Old 12-28-2004, 02:30 AM
Turbobeaver

Default RE: Sea Dancer

The plan you are looking for is plan #1214.It sells for $18.50US and is available through RCModeler Magazine.Check out there web site at the following :
http://www.rcmmagazine.com/e/env/000...ore-plans.html

If you are building this particular model,make sure that you modify the vertical fin by adding an additional two inches to the original designs heigth.This was a design flaw that was not caught prior to the article being published back in May/96.Due to publishing dead lines ,the original designer and author of this construction article,the late Mr.Fred Reese,was unable to correct the design flaw and the article was sent to press in its original unedited format.I had the distinct priviledge of chatting with Fred a few years back before his untimely departure about the SeaDancer design and he informed me then that the rudder should have been another two inches taller to give the aircraft more directional control and prevent any chance of the aircraft going into an unrecoverable spin.This phenomenon has happened to my original design SeaDancer three times after doing some snap rolls.All three times,the aircraft entered a spin and could not be neutralized by any amount of stick movement.If you don't ever snap it,you'll probably never have to worry too much about this problem.My fin was changed a few years back and hasn't given me any problems since.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:34 PM
Midget

Default RE: Sea Dancer

Thanks a ton for the lead on the set of plans and the advice regarding the rudder. Of course I will snap roll and spin it!
Cheers,
Midget