Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

GP SEAWIND HAS ARRIVED IN HOBBY SHOP!

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

GP SEAWIND HAS ARRIVED IN HOBBY SHOP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Fast Freddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP SEAWIND HAS ARRIVED IN HOBBY SHOP!

[8D] Just got back from checking out a Sewawind at our local hobby shop. No I didn't buy it since I don't have the bucks at the moment but I examined very carefully the contents of the box. This is what I found.

The gigantic fiberglass fuselage was exquisite, with excellent workmanshop throughout. Stripes are already applied, were flawless and appear to be done in the mold. !However, there were problems with the epoxied bulkheads. A few of the bulkheads were loose as I could manually rock them back and forth a little with a minor finger pressure. It appeared that the bulkeads were not glued on their edges but might have been glued using epoxy fillets only. Maybe the mold release agent was still on the fiberglass preventing a tight bond. Make sure you check these out thoroughly and reinforce with additional epoxy where necessary. Try to work the epoxy into the bulkhead edges. I also found a couple of hairline cracks in 2 of the bulkheads. Reinforce if you find the same problem.

The humongous canopy with its imposing black windshield had 2 minor cracks in the paint / fiberglass in the sharp corners where the canopy meets the fuselage. This was probably due to movement while shipping. In my opiinion the canopy should be completely bubble wrapped to prevent this from happening.

The wings, ailerons, elevators, rudder were flawless with no wrinkles in the Monokote and appeared to be in excellent shape.

This being the first production run, hopefully these problems can be worked out and corrected. Overall the plane is awesome to look at and admire. I can hardly wait to get my own. Good luck!