Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Nitroplanes Seawind

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Nitroplanes Seawind

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 11:16 PM
truevine77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitroplanes Seawind

Hey man,

I'm sooo sorry you experienced all those extreme highs and lows in such a short space of time. I was so impressed by the speed of which you built your plane. I know you wife must be distrissed too - the Seawind was a beautiful and impressive gift from her.

I also have a Nitro seawind - which I haven't flown yet. I haven't heard about anyone's vertical stabalizer failing like that. I use a Master Airscrew 11x7 3-Blade G/F Nylon Propeller. What size prop were you using? What engine?

Cheer up - you still have the love and comfort of your wife - and the best gift of Christmas is free - the comforting and redeeming love of Christ.

Have a blessed Christmas. I hope you can salvage the components for your next build seems like you're a tremendous builder.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Anymore updates on the nitro seawind flying
Old 02-27-2008, 03:54 PM
SON OF PALEFACE

Bad luck Foz , yeah I think the quality of the F/Glass work is crap , looks nice but is mostly gel-coat with little strength , the Chinese just spit these planes out and if they look nice ..............[>:]

Where did you have your CG ???........that might help others to know
Old 09-15-2008, 12:05 PM
milleflieger

Hallo

i'm new here, and my englisch is not so good, but i hope you understand me. some month ago i bought the nitroplanes seawind and i will be quickly finish it. but now i see some problems.

i never flight such a big plane, (only helicopter and same smaller planes) and i have no idea how big must be the longitudinal dihedral (in german calld EWD) and the center of gravity, can somebody help me?

Many Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Matthias
Old 09-15-2008, 04:52 PM
SON OF PALEFACE

edit.........................

Old 09-15-2008, 08:52 PM
heinz

Hi , I have both and from my exsperience I would not recommend the one from G.P. reason being that they are not very well built. They do not have enough formers, they fall apart if you have any type of a bounce upon landing the fuse tends to split open on the bottom edges . After checking how the fuse was assembled I noticed that the fuse was build in three parts, the two sides and bottom. The weakness is where the sides are joint to the bottom. the other thing is , if you bounce on landing the weight of engine puts stress on the vertical stab causing the fuse to colaps . I spoke to Great Plane about the problem and their reply was, to bad so sad we'll sell you another for half price.
OK now for the nitro one, there is not much difference except that theirs is better build more formers in more strategic places giving it more strength. The fuse is build in two halves giving it more strength. The flight test was interesting, the GP seawind got about ten feet in the air and the engine stalled , had enough altitude to land on it's wheels with several bounces and all the seams split open.
The Nitro plane tip stalled but also ended up on it's wheels , only damage was my pride.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:17 AM
Xairflyer

has anyone got numerous flights on the NP seawind, I am interested in one but would like to know how it flys, especially off water
Old 09-17-2008, 10:01 AM
vrhoward1122

I am interested in this plane. I want to put a RCV90-SP four stroke in it. This engine requires larger props than other 90 size four strokes. How big a prop will fit on this plane without hitting the fuselage? 16 or 17 inch props? I could use a 15 inch 3 or 4 bladed prop. would that fit?

Vance
Old 09-17-2008, 04:38 PM
SON OF PALEFACE

ORIGINAL: vrhoward1122

I am interested in this plane. I want to put a RCV90-SP four stroke in it. This engine requires larger props than other 90 size four strokes. How big a prop will fit on this plane without hitting the fuselage? 16 or 17 inch props? I could use a 15 inch 3 or 4 bladed prop. would that fit?

Vance
As this is nearly the same as the G/Planes one read the forums on that here and R/C Groups....there is plenty of info around
Old 09-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Xairflyer

From what I have learned they are very different in the way the come off the water and fly, the nitro planes one seems to be better
Old 09-17-2008, 07:08 PM
SON OF PALEFACE

I was talking about fit out , if you READ the threads , they are very diff
Old 09-18-2008, 07:18 PM
vrhoward1122

The guys in the GP Seawind thread says the largest prop that can fit on the GP seawind is 13 inch.
I ordered the Nitroplanes Seawind this morning and they have already shipped it. Awesome.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:28 PM
heinz

Hi there, I used a 13X8 three bladed master airscrew on the RCV 91CD ,engine fit's perfect in cowl if you have a nitro version of seawind,side mounted engine.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:43 PM
heinz

hi vrhoward 1122 , in regard to your question about prop size for the sp90 remember that the rpm of the prop is halve the speed because the ratio is 2 to 1 plus the largest prop you can place on that plane is 13 inch which means you will need a heavier pitch. but if you go with the cd90 then you can use a 13X8 three bladed prop.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:54 PM
vrhoward1122

ORIGINAL: heinz

hi vrhoward 1122 , in regard to your question about prop size for the sp90 remember that the rpm of the prop is halve the speed because the ratio is 2 to 1 plus the largest prop you can place on that plane is 13 inch which means you will need a heavier pitch. but if you go with the cd90 then you can use a 13X8 three bladed prop.
I currently fly a GP Super Skybolt with a Magnum 91 fourstroke with a 12x8 prop and it works fine. I ordered a RCV91-CD from Hobby Horse Today also for the NP Seawind I'm getting. What size spinner goes with this plane? It looks to be about 2 1/2 inch diameter.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:27 PM
heinz

Yes a 2 1/2 spinner is what they call for.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:48 PM
vrhoward1122

I received my Seawind today. Everything is fine except the hatch for the fuel tank compartment is missing. I emailed them, posted on their support forum here on RCUniverse and will probably call them tomorrow. How annoying.

Vance
Old 01-23-2009, 04:40 PM
micboy

Hi... All

I just bought a NP Seawind.... and yesterday I started building this Nice flying thing ...However I noticed that my ailerons and flaps servos are mounted on top of the wing instead under the wing...?????

Any one have or heard this??? Do you think that this is a factory defect or its a amendment to the design....??

Any thought...Help on this is much appreciated....

Thanks
Michael
Old 01-23-2009, 08:39 PM
heinz

Hi micboy, are you shure you did not reverce the wings, in other words the left panel on the right side and the right one on the left side ????????????? LOL
Old 01-24-2009, 03:02 AM
micboy

Hi. Heinz

That’s the first thing I checked....... But no they are in the correct manner.... airfoil is a complete match with the fuse....
Old 01-24-2009, 06:00 AM
Xairflyer

We had a chineese model once that they had built the wing upside down i.e. the aileron servo boxes where on the wrong side giving the impression the wing was wrong
Old 01-24-2009, 08:49 AM
micboy

I think that is what happened in my NP Seawind.....

Wing is in the correct manner but the servos are on top instead of the bottom....!!! I will send an email to my supplier to see if this is done on purpose (in order to reduce water spray) or a manufacture defect..

However I do not think this should effect the flying... but sure the
Old 01-24-2009, 01:04 PM
micboy

HI.... All

Just some low res photos.... See Servos are located on top of the wing...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57674.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1118167   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22353.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	1118168   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79732.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1118169   Click image for larger version

Name:	Au56730.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1118170  
Old 01-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Fast Freddy

Foz, Man, I am so sorry for your troubles! That sucks when a plane crashes due to design flaws in the construction process. From watching and reading this thread and the GP Seawind thread I have decided not to purchase these large Seawinds. They just aren't made well. The Seawind shape is so cool and futuristic looking, but I've gotten over that aspect of the plane and have decided this plane is just too problematic. I have the GP electric Seawind made out of foam and that's enough for me.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:17 AM
micboy

HI... Fast Freddy

I am still in the building process so I will have to make a flight report on this when it’s ready and test flight is done.....

However with some small mods this would fly good for sure.... The Np Seawind in my opinion is much better than the GP one.... (Reinforced, Bigger wing tips…etc)
Till now I only found the servo location prob... (But should not be a big issue... as these are located on top instead of bottom!!! all the rest of the wings are good and well matched...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.