Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Laddie Mikulasko's Aquabird

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Laddie Mikulasko's Aquabird

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 09:21 AM
g_boxwood

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Laddie Mikulasko's Aquabird

Here I am with another build that will be parallel to that of the CL-215.

After surfing RCU I got LM plans for both the Arrow and the Aquabird: reading through most of the topics dedicated to the Northstar and the Arrow it seemed better to get the latest one instead of the NS.

The Arrow showed to be critical in some aspects plus many have been put together so far...

... while the ABird seemed fairly unspoiled... at least to me!

Plans and construcion seem rather easy, if not very easy at all, and the strange looking bird doesn't scare me, it appeals me quite a bit!

It is the first time however that I'll have to get the cores cut (wings and winglets are foam, stab and elevator are 1/4" balsa) and I still have to look for someone who can cut them for me... I'll ask the hobby shop... don't want to get into it as I'm totally new to it.

What foam do you suggest? Are there any differences? Sorry for the dumb question but I'd like to know what to ask for -exactly- ...
Old 09-08-2006, 08:08 AM
johnboyrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Laddie Mikulasko's Aquabird

I started building the fuse acouple winters ago, then tabled it due to other projects I had going on. Need the wing cores too, figure on going to www.flyingfoam.com and getting some made from EPS foam. Winglets will likely be a heavier density.
Looking at the cowl, I think it could be made a little simpler, just making it round and nothing exotic.