Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Super Skybolt on floats!

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Super Skybolt on floats!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Meschmidt
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Skybolt on floats!

Here is a Super Skybolt ARF on floats. Finished it yesterday and put it in the water but didn't fly it yet. Balances perfectly and sits real well on the water. This plane weighs 9 lbs 1oz with the floats and OS 70 FS. The Skybolt is a real cadillac on wheels and hope it does the same on the water. I thought it would make a sharp looking floatplane and it does. With a little bit more waterproofing and sealing, it will be ready to go! Will keep you posted on the test flighs. Hopefully this weekend! Paul
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58430.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1271357   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15282.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1271358  
Old 09-14-2009, 04:52 PM
SushiSeeker

Default RE: Super Skybolt on floats!

Looks sweet! Nice job detailing the floats with the same trim pattern as the plane. That really adds a lot. Good luck!
Old 09-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Meschmidt
My Feedback: (15)

Flew the Skybolt on floats last Sunday!! It flies like a dream. Takes off and lands very easily! I do have a question for you experts though, I balanced the plane with the floats to the CG that I flew with on wheels. It took about 4 oz lead attached to the float front tips. I had to add a lot of up trim to get it to fly level. However, the plane rolls, loops and flys inverted very well like this. Do you think this needed up trim on the elevator is caused by drag of the floats or is a balance issue. Would you take the float weight off or fly it as is? The elevator has very noticable up trim to fly level. Thanks, Paul
Old 09-30-2009, 10:13 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would first consider how it reacts to elevator input. If it's sluggish, you could remove some weight - but I would do it in small increments, like one ounce at a time
Old 01-26-2018, 07:31 AM
Knock
My Feedback: (2)

Default Float constructio

I am interested in building floats . What materials did you use ? How did you build them . I would like to put my skybolt on floats as well as a super sportster 60. Have you made skiis for your airplanes ?
Old 07-26-2018, 12:45 PM
SIMCO
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ple-DIY-Floats