RCU Forums - View Single Post - MXS-R ----- 88" wing span w/ DLE 55
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 10:54 AM
jstyle13
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tsully
A year ago we had three clubs and 4 flying fields in Naples. One club lost its field and folded when it couldn't find a replacement. This club was pretty much devoted to larger scale aircraft. It was wide open in the middle of nowhere and thus a great place to fly big airplanes.

Another club is adjacent to the fair grounds with a field which is relatively small and therefore is limited to electric, glow or small gas.

The third club (CMAC) has 2 fields, one of which is electric only because of its proximity to a school. The second field is a bit farther to drive but is very good in many respects. Several of the guys fly larger scale there but there are power lines that could come into play for the larger planes. As an intermediate flyer, I'm not comfortable flying the big scale there and that's why I'm selling it now.
Thanks for the reply.

So the CMAC field way down 41 towards the everglades, and Seahawk Park up in Coral Gables are the only 2 places you can fly the bigger (100cc+ gassers) planes in the whole area? Were you part of a club that lost a field? There's got to be a lot of modelers in the area. Would think a field could be setup inside I75 past the developments on Immokalee or Bonita Beach Road. A lot of flat, empty land out that way.