Shulman Aviation Turbinator ARF BNF with extras

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 09:56 AM
JRSmith
My Feedback: (47)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Shulman Aviation Turbinator ARF BNF with extras

Hello Guys,

We are looking at moving and I am finding that my time for the hobby is becoming limited and the spare time I do have, I would like to focus on other RC projects. So, I would like to start clearing out a few of the airplanes that I will probably never get around to flying.

Up for your consideration is a Shulman Aviation Turbinator ARF that is basically bind and fly with your Spektrum Radio. I picked this up locally from a very reputable builder and it is very well done. Please see pictures for best descriptions but it has the Kingtech K-80, Hitec HS-5645MG Ultra High Torque Servos all around, Electric Pro-Link Retracts with electric brakes, Intairco wheels and Spektrum RX, GPS, telemetry. Also includes Valley View wing bag, Jersey Modeler fuel filler, extra can to mix fuel and oil, turbine oil, header tank, Fire Extinguisher, water back pack, and two LiFe batts. I think I got it all, but please see the pictures, it includes all items pictured minus the airplane stand. I am keeping that.

Kingtech K-80 information

Total Time: 321 minutes (5.35 hours)
Total Cycles: 39
Last Run 656 seconds (10.93 minutes)

I may have missed items, but please see pictures for best description. It will need a ECU and brake batteries, the ECU battery that I got with the jet dropped a cell and was puffed, so I disposed of it. I did not get a brake battery with the airplane, just needs a 2S Lipo 2000-2500 mAh. The battery for the Jersey Modeler filler station will need to be charged. I don't have a tamiya connector to charge it.

This would be an awesome deal for somebody looking to get into jets and get his or her turbine waiver and is just a fun sports jet and everyday flyer. This is a very complete package.

Local sales only or I would be willing to meet within 100-150 miles of Meridian, ID. Payment via PayPal only as I do not have a local bank, retired military and use USAA. I am willing to absorb the fees for PP, but would hope they could be send fee free since this would be a face to face deal.

Link to the build thread

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ator-ARF-Build

$2,500 for everything in the ad.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:15 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Would you meet me in Arkansas? Just kidding of course. Point is, the jet looks great and I’d be all over it if I weren’t so darn far away. Someone will be lucky to get this!
Old 11-04-2021, 06:44 PM
JRSmith

Originally Posted by highhorse
Would you meet me in Arkansas? Just kidding of course. Point is, the jet looks great and I’d be all over it if I weren’t so darn far away. Someone will be lucky to get this!
Thanks! I wish you were not so far away as well! Talk soon!
Old 11-05-2021, 04:32 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

It amazes me that after al these years of RC jets buzzing around you still need waivers to fly them. I wonder why.
Old 11-05-2021, 05:53 AM
JRSmith

Originally Posted by rgburrill
It amazes me that after al these years of RC jets buzzing around you still need waivers to fly them. I wonder why.
I believe it has to do with operation, safety, speed and complexity of jets. My thought is they just don't want any guy with deep pockets with little to zero experience to be able to purchase a turbine jet and attempt to fly it. I equate it to my full size flying days, with ground and flight training followed by a check ride to demonstrate you have the knowledge, skills, and ability to safely operate the aircraft. In my humble opinion, that is why the turbine waiver is still required and needed. I certainly understand there could be a valid argument either way for the process and requirements. Again, just my humble opinion. Thanks,

Old 11-05-2021, 12:05 PM
[email protected]

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Waiver

I know a dozen non jet pilots that have been flying for years, that if they didn't have to show they could fly jets........I would be in the truck as soon as they fired up.
A Waiver is absolutley needed.............................
Old 11-05-2021, 12:40 PM
JRSmith

Originally Posted by [email protected]
I know a dozen non jet pilots that have been flying for years, that if they didn't have to show they could fly jets........I would be in the truck as soon as they fired up.
A Waiver is absolutley needed.............................
100% Agree!
Old 11-09-2021, 03:50 AM
RAPPTOR
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turbine waivers

liability.....!!!
Drugs !!!! Inspection of plane and radio
AGE OLD AND YOUNG
EGO !!! NEEDED RULES .TRAINING
PLANE CAN CAUSE DAMAGE AND DEATH.
FOOT BALL MENTALITY!!!
GREAT HOBBY .SHAME IT HAS PEOPLE WHO DON'T FOLLOW RULES

Old 11-09-2021, 05:34 AM
RAPPTOR
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turbine waivers

liability.....!!!
Drugs !!!! Inspection of plane and radio
AGE OLD AND YOUNG
EGO !!! NEEDED RULES .TRAINING
PLANE CAN CAUSE DAMAGE AND DEATH.
FOOT BALL MENTALITY!!!
GREAT HOBBY .SHAME IT HAS PEOPLE WHO DON'T FOLLOW RULES