Notices

Beware

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 12:46 AM
kakariki
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware

Beware of buying items from unscrupulous sellers here, check who they are first. I purchased an item through a member here (Scofield33) who was selling for a friend, I paid for it and they claim they never got the money through Paypal, which they did. Now I cannot contact either of them and have lost my money and will never see the item.
Old 03-25-2021, 03:20 AM
Bigg D
My Feedback: (37)

Default Fraud via E-mail

Just yesterday I got an e-mail from a "Lady" selling a list of R/C items with unbelievable prices,. This was the third time in the past year this has happened !!!!
Old 03-25-2021, 04:25 AM
RCNCMAN
My Feedback: (29)

Originally Posted by kakariki
Beware of buying items from unscrupulous sellers here, check who they are first. I purchased an item through a member here (Scofield33) who was selling for a friend, I paid for it and they claim they never got the money through Paypal, which they did. Now I cannot contact either of them and have lost my money and will never see the item.
If you used friends and family on PayPal you lost your money. I have had PayPal stand up when they get their 3%.
Old 03-25-2021, 05:49 AM
pacoflyer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes...beware of the" lady" selling RC stuff
Very suspicious...
Old 03-25-2021, 02:49 PM
Gene Fisher

I purchased a item from [email protected] sent paypal friends. Paypal says he got the money, he will not send the item i purchased beware.
Old 03-27-2021, 08:56 AM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Seems more to the story here ........
You say you couldnt contact PayPal or the seller - I find that hard to believe PP has not responded , If there is proof thru PP that the money was transferred and withdrawn , a claim thru PP should be entered then let PP do their business
Old 03-27-2021, 11:18 AM
kakariki

Originally Posted by scoeroo
You say you couldnt contact PayPal or the seller - I find that hard to believe PP has not responded , If there is proof thru PP that the money was transferred and withdrawn , a claim thru PP should be entered then let PP do their business
I contacted PP, but because the payment was sent as a gift at their request, there is no claim on PP for the transaction according to their rules.
Old 03-28-2021, 05:57 AM
fanman61

Originally Posted by scoeroo
DO NOT send payments using pay pal gift or friends and family because you WILL get ripped off.They say thats all the have than its 100 percent a scam.Ive used paypal for years and have been protected from scams.
Old 03-28-2021, 06:28 AM
scoeroo

I kept a very detailed log of dealings with PP, times , names , PP ID numbers , etc
It took near on 14 months to get my money back from one a**hole ,
What he did is he claimed a refund under bogus BS and never returned the goods.......so he got his money back and kept the goods - $750 worth
In the end the due to the scam , PP had the FBI ISC3 division involved
I got my money back in the end , he better hopes he dont run across me at a fly-in ........
Old 03-31-2021, 04:02 PM
kakariki

So this is how the scam works, when you advertise a wanted ad, this guy answers and says he has a friend with what your after and sends you his email. When you contact his friend he sends you pics downloaded off the internet to make it look like he has what you want. Then only wants you to pay via Paypal as a friend, so no fees or protection. The 2 attached pics are the replies I got to my ad, they are both the same person as with the emails in the relpy. The member profiles

are new with no details or any posts. The other bad thing is that Rcuniverse won't do anything about it. BEWARE
Old 04-01-2021, 02:54 AM
scoeroo

Would never have answered in the first place , too many bad signals to start with
0 posts
0 everything
Only just joined
This all equals = SUSPECT !!!
RCU hold no liability , why would one think this ?
Depending on the monetary value one has to decide whether it is of value to go after this character -

Last edited by scoeroo; 04-01-2021 at 02:58 AM.