Go Back  RCU Forums > Marketplace
Reload this Page >

1/8 SCALE CORSAIR (62.5" wingspan) FOR SALE (in-the-bones)

Community
Search
Notices

1/8 SCALE CORSAIR (62.5" wingspan) FOR SALE (in-the-bones)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 07:50 AM
jmdunstan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1/8 SCALE CORSAIR (62.5" wingspan) FOR SALE (in-the-bones)

All balsa and lite ply, built from the plans for the discontinued Top Flite Gold Edition 60 Corsair. Tail surfaces built from reduced Ziroli Corsair plans to produce more scale shapes. Ready for finish sanding and covering. All control surfaces fitted and hinged, but not attached. Built to accept retractable landing gear and with functional flaps. Price includes unfinished cowl, canopy, and dummy radial engine. Built to accommodate a cockpit interior kit, if one can be found.
If you are interested in finishing and flying this increasingly rare model, or would like to have me complete the build further, PM me to discuss your wishes and the materials and components needed to advance the build to the extent you wish.
Available for pickup, or I will meet the buyer at a reasonable distance to deliver the model.

Last edited by jmdunstan; 10-02-2020 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-02-2020, 02:17 PM
Barrowed YS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cost to finish?

If I sent you the parts. How much would you charge to finish it in the clipped wing blue and silver super Corsair scheme? I’ll send engine servos retracts ect
Old 10-02-2020, 02:18 PM
Barrowed YS

Default Strength?

Also you say it’s built off the plans. How strong is it? Would it handle race applications? 170 mph ish
Old 10-02-2020, 02:57 PM
jmdunstan

Originally Posted by Barrowed YS
Also you say it’s built off the plans. How strong is it? Would it handle race applications? 170 mph ish
First off, any engine that could pull this airframe to anywhere near 170 mph would make the plane so heavy it would likely snap out of turns. I cannot offer any assurances about its ability to handle non-scale manouvers.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:07 PM
jmdunstan

Default 1/8 scale Bud Light Super Corsair

Originally Posted by Barrowed YS
If I sent you the parts. How much would you charge to finish it in the clipped wing blue and silver super Corsair scheme? I’ll send engine servos retracts ect
I assume you are referring to the Budweiser Light Super Corsair (BLSC). I have attached a photo to confirm this is what you want. If you just want the stock airframe finished in these colors and graphics, I can do it in MonoKote and Klass Kote paint for about $130 in materials, if I can get Callie Graphics to produce the decals. If you want it glassed and painted, it would cost an additional $100 for the glassing materials and additional paint. I can send you an itemized list of the materials for either option, if you wish. I would not recommend glassing for a model this size because it would add at least 2 pounds to the finished weight over a MonoKote finish.
The plane would have the standard wingspan, cowl, and oil coolers. If you want me to clip the wings, I can do that for about $10 in balsa. As noted in my ad, the cockpit is currently empty because I have not found a suitable cockpit interior kit. I could make a reasonable seat and seat back and a cockpit back plate with headrest for a dummy pilot. Lyle Vasser at Best Pilots.com has offered me a spectacular pilot bust for $150, painted. I would need to know how much scale detail you want on the finished model. I am OK with simulated panel lines, but I do not want to get into rivets and screw heads.
Building is my hobby, so I will not charge for my time. As you know, shipping models can get very expensive, so I suggest you keep this in mind.

I am curious as to what you plan to use for power and which gear you prefer. I have powered several of these Corsairs with an OS FS120III pumped four-stroke glow engine, and have had very good luck with Sierra Giant Scale retracts.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Jim Dunstan

n
Old 10-02-2020, 04:28 PM
Barrowed YS

Default Thanks for the reply!

So I’d be powering it with a YS 130 (120SC with a 140 piston) on high nitro 70%. It swings a 16x13N at around 11k. We’ve done a Top Flite P-47 and spitfire with this set up and they were right around 170mph. Don’t need any rivits or cockpit. Would like to do gear doors if possible. I have the engine, that’s about it. So if you have retracts that would be great. Would also like to do a retractable tailwheel if possible. MonoKote is good with me. Weight is definitely important as I’d like it to fly as good as possible. Give me a ring four eight zero three four seven five thousand
Old 10-02-2020, 04:29 PM
Barrowed YS

Default That’s the color scheme ;)

Yep this is the one I’d like to match
Old 10-02-2020, 04:30 PM
Barrowed YS

Default Building quality

BTW your building skills look great!
Old 10-02-2020, 04:40 PM
rmcc
My Feedback: (28)

Default Pm sent

Originally Posted by jmdunstan
All balsa and lite ply, built from the plans for the discontinued Top Flite Gold Edition 60 Corsair. Tail surfaces built from reduced Ziroli Corsair plans to produce more scale shapes. Ready for finish sanding and covering. All control surfaces fitted and hinged, but not attached. Built to accept retractable landing gear and with functional flaps. Price includes unfinished cowl, canopy, and dummy radial engine. Built to accommodate a cockpit interior kit, if one can be found.
If you are interested in finishing and flying this increasingly rare model, or would like to have me complete the build further, PM me to discuss your wishes and the materials and components needed to advance the build to the extent you wish.
Available for pickup, or I will meet the buyer at a reasonable distance to deliver the model.
pm sent
Old 10-02-2020, 04:51 PM
Barrowed YS

Default Did not receive a PM.

Please feel free to call or text me
four
eight
zero
three
four
seven
five thousand

thanks!
Old 10-03-2020, 07:13 AM
jmdunstan

Originally Posted by rmcc
pm sent
I did not receive your PM. Please e-mail me at [email protected].
Old 10-05-2020, 05:04 AM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

is this sold?
Old 10-05-2020, 07:35 AM
jmdunstan

Yes, it is sold. If you would like one, I would be glad to build another. Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested.