Community
Search
Notices
SimJet Turbine Direct Support Direct support for SimJet Turbines provided here.

Simjet 1700 startup

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 03:39 PM
MadeForThat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simjet 1700 startup

Hey all, No experience with jet turbines, but when a screaming deal popped up I had no choice! (if it is a deal will depend highly on function haha) So I happened upon what I believe to be a simjet 1700 (or 85+?) with air start and the "gold" fadec as I have heard it referred to on some of these threads. Today I was able to get it to sustain combustion on propane/butane start, but my green blinking indicator never suggested that it was ever attempting to introduce fuel (I have mixed ~5% aeroshell 560 with kerosene) and my fuel pump never kicked on. I don't know if there is a way for me to diagnose if my fadec is communicating with my receiver, but as far as I am aware I didn't engage it at all during this test, and just was manually maintaining it haha. I don't know a ton about what the fadec is expecting from the receiver, or the timing for the process, so I suspect there may not be anything wrong but the operator haha. If there is anyone with experience on this ~20YO engine I would love to talk, and if you happen to have parts I would love to talk about that as well haha! Please correct me If I am wrong, but I was running the propane in through the blue tube, and had assumed fuel was yellow (but have not sent any in)
Old 11-14-2022, 12:49 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

I had a Simjet 2300 many moons ago, there is a lot of info on this forum, you can start here, I believe the gold Fedec is a Xicoy unit, you can send Gaspar a massage informing him of your situation.

Just because it is old, it doesn’t mean it isn’t reliable or weak, I got a 25 years old turbine that is running like new, flying my Kangaroo like a bat out hell, also found a new K140, about 10 years old, about 3 years ago, most reliable engine I ever had.

Good luck with your motor.
The following users liked this post:
MadeForThat (11-14-2022)