Community
Search
Notices
SimJet Turbine Direct Support Direct support for SimJet Turbines provided here.

Maintenance Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 01:09 PM
MLaCoste
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maintenance Schedule

Hi Guys-

I just finished reading through the manual included with my new 2300. I read the general maintenance portion, but didn't find any mention of the hourly cycle that the engine needs to be returned for factory servicing (new bearings, etc). Is it 25 hours, 50 hours.......?????

Thanks,
Mark
Old 01-27-2004, 08:03 AM
KevinM

Default RE: Maintenance Schedule

Hi Mark,

Given that the warranty period on SimJet turbines is 25 hours, you certainly shouldn't expect to need a bearing change before then. On the other hand, the current record holding SimJet went for an incredible 250 hours (not cycles) before requiring it's first bearing change. Further, in the 2+ years that GNM has been distributing SimJet turbines, none of those we've sold have been returned for bearing changes other than those involved in "turbine/ground incidents".

I realize that you're looking for a number, but all the data we have doesn't clearly support one. Get to know your turbine; It will tell you when it needs new bearings.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:21 PM
viper1

Default RE: Maintenance Schedule

Mark,

I asked the same question to our Simjet rep in Australia, his answer;

"Simjet say 50 hrs running before bearing changes provided it has been used in a relatively
clean enviroment. Lots of dust and dirt of course will make the time shorter. A indication of bearing wear is noise of course and also
hotter starting and running temps. 50 hrs is around 300 or so flights/runs"

Hope that helps,
Regards,
Gert.