Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > SimJet Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

2300 Correct shutdown procedure

Community
Search
Notices
SimJet Turbine Direct Support Direct support for SimJet Turbines provided here.

2300 Correct shutdown procedure

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2300 Correct shutdown procedure

Wanted to confirm that the correct way to do a shutdown is to lower trim to "shutdown" range and once the command is accepted, quickly put it back to "idle" range. I have done that and the starter do come up to cool the turbine, however I didn't notice RPM go higher prior to shutdown.

Understand other brands do go to a somewhat higher RPM before shutdown (to lower temp in turbine?)

Thanks,
Edgar
Old 12-29-2004, 09:50 AM
K Jorgensen
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2300 Correct shutdown procedure

Hi Edgar

All you have to do, is to bring the trim all the way down to turbin shutdown. And let the ECU do the rest. It will start to cool the turbine by runnig the starter 3-5 times. For 2-5 sek. Just don't turn the ECU of before it is done with the cooling of the turbine. That is all ther is to it.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:52 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks,
I though that if I let the trim down, the ecu will think it's an emergency shutdown an not do the cool down with the starter.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:45 AM
KevinM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Edgar,

Kim has it right, just drop the trim and leave it down. The starter will engage at the appropriate time.

As an aside, I've made a practise of bringing the throttle up from idle for a few seconds before shutting down to help cool things down a bit. (Idle is not the coolest running temp.) I don't have any hard data that it helps, but I sure can't hurt... YMMV.

KM