Community
Search
Notices
SimJet Turbine Direct Support Direct support for SimJet Turbines provided here.

slow ramp up to jet a1

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 08:01 AM
turbokalli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slow ramp up to jet a1

A friend and i both have simjet 2300s,we both have the same problem,the gas ignites starter spools up but does not switch over to jet a1, we have a manual solution for this , we bypass the gas tank direct to gas solonoied apply small amount of gas for ignition after which the gas is increased which very quickly gives the right temp to allow to switch to jet a1.
I call this semi auto start,i would like to know a solution as full auto start is what i want, it seems small amount of gas needed for initial ignition and then gas flow needs to be increased,do you have any ideas
Old 02-13-2006, 06:07 PM
rcav8tr

Default RE: slow ramp up to jet a1

Hi Turbikalli

Can you you tell me the following:

1) What type of start gas are you using? Powermax, "pure" propane, or ?
2) What type of ECU do you have? Large SimJet ecu or smaller SimJet Fadec?
3) What type of gas solenoid valve? Does it have a flow adjustment?

Sincerely,
Ed

Old 02-14-2006, 12:57 PM
turbokalli

Hi Ed

I am useing coleman gas 70 % butane 30% propane.
The E.C.U is the large simet type
The solenoid is fom simjet with the flow adjuster.
I have tried different types of gas , but powermax is not available here in Iceland.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:34 AM
K Jorgensen
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Turbikalli

Do you use onboard gas tank.

If you do you may try to disconnect it for the airlines and let all the gass gets out. What may happen is that the tank i full of the stuf that makes the gas smels. That may happen. Ore try to check the filter in the gas line.

You are always welkome to call me +4586364667 I am back in the office on monday.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:34 PM
rcav8tr

ORIGINAL: turbokalli

Hi Ed

I am useing coleman gas 70 % butane 30% propane.
The E.C.U is the large simet type
The solenoid is fom simjet with the flow adjuster.
I have tried different types of gas , but powermax is not available here in Iceland.
Hi Turbokalli

I'm assuming that your air temperature is running around 0 Celsius. At these temperatures, the fuel mixtures do not vapourize well as they require heat to do so. I would suggest, as Kim has said, do not use the on-board start tank but go directly from the fuel container as you have done. The other thing to do is to keep your fuel warm as it needs the heat to vapourize. Keep it in a warm car or in an inner pocket of a jacket to warm it up prior to starting. If possible, switch to "pure" propane as it has a much lower boiling point and doesn't require heat to vapourize. If you can get Coleman camping propane bottle or Burnomatic propane torch cylinders, we have a regulator/flow control valve that will screw on to them and provide you with metered gas flow.

Sincerely,
Ed

Old 02-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Gary Arthur
My Feedback: (29)

As Ed has stated, my 2300 will start of with pure propane when the outside temperature is close to zero. This is done by not using the on board tank, but hooking the propane up directly to the valve. I also use the regulator supplied by Great Northern. Powermax (propane-butane mix) will not work in colder temperatures. I have tried keeping the powermax warm but it is a real pain in the......

Old 02-15-2006, 01:29 PM
turbokalli

Yes i am useing an onboard gas tank, but am bypassing it and applying gas manually,small amount for initial ignition then increased until
turbine ramps up onto jet a1.I should not have to do this,would like very much to get this working automaticaly as it should.
Have no complaints other than this,motor starts and runs very well.
Recently purchased a jc p120 and gas can be adjusted from the ecu, have yet to test run it though.
Maybe i call you after the weekend.

Kalli
Old 02-15-2006, 08:59 PM
rcav8tr

Hi Kalli

If you pm me your number, I'll give you a call and we can go over your issue on the phone.

Sincerely,
Ed