Notices
SimJet Turbine Direct Support Direct support for SimJet Turbines provided here.

Kerosene start?

Old 02-24-2006, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kerosene start?

Hi,
when it will be available the kerosene start for the SimJet turbines?
Thanks.
Best Regards
Old 08-18-2006, 01:24 PM

Default RE: Kerosene start?

C'mon you simjet reps..........., when is Lars going to develop a kerosene start turbine, or even better a retrofit kit for the present products?

Been months since the question was first asked.........
Old 08-21-2006, 06:54 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

When I was in Denmark for service trianing, Lars did show me a prototype Kero-start unit.

At this time I have no idea of its status as engine production commands highest priority on available time.

I'm sure that Simjet-Denmark will lets us all know when it has been perfected and is reliable. Also, I would suspect it likely that ECU changes (revisions) will need to be made to go along with this mod and this is the time consuming matter.

No fruther comments will be forthcoming from me as this is all the info I have on this subject.

Brg.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:31 PM
My Feedback: (8)

Personally, I don't care for the kerosene start. My experience is that it is slower than gas, and puts out a lot more flame on start up. I have a friend who has one on a JetCat P 60 in a Bobcat, and I don't particularly like the way it takes a long while to fire off, not to mention all the flame out of the exhaust - good thing it's open back there. I don't think I would put one in an enclosed airplane - I would be afraid I'd cook the tailpipe. I'll just stick with the propane start - a lot quicker on start up, less complication, and more reliable, IMO.

If Simjet comes up with a retrofit kero start kit for my Nexus, I think I'll pass. So far, I've had no problems with my propane starts.

Regards, Les
Old 12-10-2006, 10:50 AM
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just a little while ago i ran a BMT that was kero start and i have to say it was really fast. faster than or equal to propane start and had no flames at all. it's to bad they are so hard to get serviced .
Old 12-11-2006, 07:45 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure that Simjet- Demark will release it when they are satisifed with their design testing.