Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > SimJet Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

Foul Starting after 53 flawless runs

Community
Search
Notices
SimJet Turbine Direct Support Direct support for SimJet Turbines provided here.

Foul Starting after 53 flawless runs

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 06:53 AM
Frank Alvarez

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Foul Starting after 53 flawless runs

Hey Folks,
I wanted to bring every one up to date on my engineering prowess. As you know, I have not one issue with this engine since it appeared on my door step, two years ago! The Simjet turbine simply runs perfect, every time, all the time! Early this season I began a rather deep inspection of the Jet airframe, and the turbine as well.
I dismantled the AES bullet caseing to inspect/replace the bendix O-ring. Having found it to be in perfect condition, I re-installed the system. I totally overlooked the proper bendix spacing on the turbine.
Durring the start, yep, you guessed it, the engine would ramp normally on the propane, then a transition to Jet-A would appear normal. It is here were the engine now begins trying to accererate well beyond the electric starter and begins to bog down. The ECU sensing this reduction in RPM begins to up the fuel rate resulting in the fire. Stupid me, this kind of thing can happen to anyone if distracted durring the assembly of critical components. Not pasing blame. Just pointing out a simple thing that can make your day very confusing!
Frank.