Community
Search
Notices
SimJet Turbine Direct Support Direct support for SimJet Turbines provided here.

simjet 2300 PROPANO IGNITE

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 06:53 AM
aldo pacifico
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default simjet 2300 PROPANO IGNITE

HI.

MY TURBINE 2300 HAS PROBLEMS WITH PROPANE IGNITE, I TESTED THE PROPANO VALVE , CHECKS GLOW,ECU BATTERY( LILO 11.1V), AND ALL WORKS ,CHANGED THE PROPANO BOTTLE TOO, STARTER IT´S OK, BUT THE TURBINE WITH THE PROPANO NO IGNITE ..

WHAT CAN I DO?

ALDO PACIFICO
CARACAS VENEZUELA.[&o]
Old 02-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Vampire

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: simjet 2300 PROPANO IGNITE

Hi Aldo,

Here are my thoughts on this issue,

I'm assuming that you have run this engine previously and it ran fine and I'm assuming that your using the onboard propane tank, is this correct ?

Please check your propane filter at the solenoid. Clean as required.

With the propane tank or bottle connected directly to the engine, clamp the propane line and without starting the engine, can you hear the propane entering the engine when you remove the clamp ?

If you changed the glow plug, did you pull the bottom coil down out of the glow plug so that it is visable and below the bottom of the plug body ?

Be sure to have a full charge on the LiPo before attempting a start as the solenoids, glow drive and starter pull very high amps during the start cycle.

Also, if you have a Gaspar ECU, AND you have changed out the glow plug you may need to turn up the glow driver voltage. The glow plug must glow very bright orange to near white.

Please advise.

Brg.
Kerry J. Sterner
US SimJet LLC

Old 02-27-2007, 12:32 PM
aldo pacifico

THANK KERRY, I WILL RE-CHECK ALL AGAIN , I NOT USING ONBOARD PROPANO TANK..

IN THE LAST OPORTUNITY, I WAS FLYING , AND THE TUBINE BEGAN TO LOST POWER IN THE AIR , BUT IT NOT CUTS OFF , I ASUMED
THAT UAT TANK OR GASOLINE LINE WAS FILLED OF AIR . THIS ENGINE DOES NOT HAS MORE THAN OF 22 STARTS.

ALDO.

CCAS. VENEZUELA.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:55 PM
aldo pacifico

HELLO KERRY..

I DID ALL YOURS RECOMENTATIONS, THE TURBINE IGNITED WITH PROPANO , I THINK THAT THE PRINCIPAL CHANGE WAS PULL OUT THE COIL OF GLOW PLUG ...
THIS WEEK END I WILL TEST THE TURBINE IN SIDE OF JET AND WILL TAKE CARE WITH ALL DETAILS AND PROBLEMS IF THERE ARE ..

THANK.

ALDO PACIFICO.
VENEZUELA.