Notices
SimJet Turbine Direct Support Direct support for SimJet Turbines provided here.

SimJet 3000 Gaspar issues?

Old 06-15-2009, 01:41 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SimJet 3000 Gaspar issues?

Having issues with my my engine that I believe are FADEC related. While taxing tonight the engine had an uncommanded shutdown. It was my friend flying it and shut the radio down before plugging in the data terminal to see the reason for the shutdown. He took the jet back to the pits and couldn't get the engine to start. It would light on gas but the start cycle would time out. After a couple attempts more issues started to arise. Now whenever the jet is powered up in STICK LO mode it seems ok until you cycle through the menu pages. Then it goes to READY. If you bring the trim up to the "READY" position it goes into FAILSAFE. The odd thing is that if you go into the RXERRORS it is still at "0." It even remains at "0" if I turn the TX off. Idon't think that is correct. The next strange behaviour is that now the RPM's are reading 0 - 215,000 and very erractic with no engine rotation at all. Iread a post that this could be attriputed to digtal servo noise so I unplugged all other sources of EMFand the problem remained.

Also on a side not I have noticed a few times over the last couple weeks that the left side of the display on my data terminal starting to fade out. Not sure if its related or now

So in a nutshell here are the symptoms:
  1. After an uncommanded shut down engine would light on propane, hang at 2500 RPM, and time out.
  2. STICK LOcondition would go to READYby just cycling the data terminal menu pages.
  3. After a couple start attempts READY now goes to FAILSAFE about 1/2 second after trim is put in the READYposition.
  4. In FAILSAFE no RXERROR's recorded.
  5. Erratic RPM readout (0-215,000) with all other powersources removed.
I have checked all connections and extensions. I have also charged all the batteries. No issues there.
Ideas?

Thanks.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:41 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: SimJet 3000 Gaspar issues?

It appears that the ECUhas been corrupted.

"reset" the ECU as follows:

Turn off the Rx /ECU.
Unplug all cablesfrom the ecu EXCEPT the Throttle to RX and Pump/BatteryCable to remian connected.
Insert Data Terminal, Turn on the RX / ECU,it should displayREADY. (Tx. throttle down / trim up)
Power down the Rx / ECU.
Plug all the cables back into the ECU. (solenoids, T/C, RPM sensor and Glow / Starter)

Power upthe ECU.......initiate a start sequence......should perform correctly.

If not, please give me a call.

Regards,