Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Smart Fly EQ10 question

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 04:52 AM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart Fly EQ10 question

Fairly new to power expanders. I have a smart fly eq10 with a futaba 149dp receiver and two 2700ma NiMH batteries 6.0 volt. I soldered the deans connectors onto the MPI switches last night. This morning, hooked everything up and one thing puzzles me. When I power up one battery, the battery light on the eq10 comes on, but when I turn on the other battery, the battery light comes on but the first battery light goes off. When I operate the servos, both battery lights will be on but as soon as I go back to neutral, one of the battery lights goes back off. Just wondering if I have hooked something up wrong or is this normal? Thanks for the help.By the way,I will be using two 2300ma A123 batteries when I install the setup in my 35% aeroworks extra.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:38 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: Smart Fly EQ10 question

Hi,
This is normal because the two inputs select the highest battery. If they are equal then both inputs are used. If you check your batteries I bet you will find that you have one battery 0.1V higher or more than the other. When the higher battery comes down the other battery kicks in.

I really would suggest you not use the MPI switches and use either our SuperSwitchHD or our Failsafe Switch.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:38 AM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Thanks Robert,
I think I'm going to love this EQ10 if I can ever learn to set it up properly. You were right about the batteries not being the same because after about 5 minutes, both battery indicator lights were on.
New question, I wired the elevator servos into ch.2 a&b and when I powered up, the servos are set to deflect opposite directions. I know there is a way to reverse the direction of just one servo. Am I better to try progranning with my 9CAP radio, reprogram the servo with a hitec servo programmer(the servos are hitec 7955s) or can the programming be done with the EQ10?
Yhanks for the help.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:52 AM
rrritchey

Hi,
Yes, each servo can be reversed. When you start up in run (function zero) you can reverse servos A, B, C & D using functions 5, 6, 7 & 8. You should refer to the technical reference manual using the table following the "Servo Adjustments" heading.