Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Hangar 9 Beast set-up

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Beast set-up

Yes, I re-cut both ends. I took it to the field again and it only does it with the engine running. When I disconnect the cut-off and just use the ignition manual slider switch the engine runs fine. I don't think the problem is in the PE board it self. ( I hope not anyway)

I double checked all the connections and trimmed both ends of the fiber optic cable. When the cut-off is connected the light flickers and the engine sputters and tries to cut off. I'm not sure what the problem could be because it's operated great for the first 5 or 6 flights. This just started all of a sudden.

Before I left for the field I started the plane in the driveway and could not duplicate the problem, I got to the field and it started doing it on the ground with the engine running. I tried to get the light to flicker with the engine off, by wiggling the connections and it would not flicker.

The cut off is mounted on the engine box with velcro. I guess the cut off reciever has a problem. I need to determine if the board itself has an issue.

The fiber optic cable has some slack in it, quite a bit actually. Its not pulled tight but its not looped anywhere either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 11-13-2011, 07:21 AM
rrritchey

Hi,
I really am not sure. This sounds like a loose connection more than a unit problem. I could mail you a replacement Cutoff receiver unit. The main thing to check is if the green LED on the main unit stays on constant or flickers also when you are having a problem. This should tell you if the issue is with the transmitter or receiver.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Hill202

I'll be glad to mail you this unit so you can check it out. I have not seen the green light on the main board flickering. If there is a loose connection, I can't find it.

Thanks
Old 11-13-2011, 09:15 AM
rrritchey

Let me mail you a replacement, if it fixes it you can mail the bad one back. We will get it out first thing Monday First Class mail. Do you want to e-mail me your address?
Old 11-13-2011, 10:54 AM
Hill202

PM sent. Thank you!
Old 11-16-2011, 10:54 AM
Hill202

Robert,

I just received the new ignition cut off unit. I plan on flying Friday. If replacing the unit fixes the problem, I will return the bad unit, if it does not, I'll return the new one.

Either way, I'll make sure you get a unit back.

Your great customer service is appreciated!!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Hill202

20 mph wind today[&o]

Looks good for tomorrow though.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Hill202

Robert,

That was the problem. The new one solved it. I'll get the bad one out to you the first of next week.

Thanks again!