Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Turbo EQ-6 - Ignition Cutoff

Old 01-13-2015, 05:57 PM
HDoughty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo EQ-6 - Ignition Cutoff

All

I have purchased a Turbo EQ6 and have been experiencing dome difficulty in getting the Ignition cut-off to function properly.

The fiber-optic cable has been installed between the Turbo-EQ6 connection on the board - to the ignition cutoff receiver and the switch programmed. When activating the switch on the radio transmitter the Green Transmit LED on the board illuminates however; the receiver Ignition cut-off Red LED does not turn on. Putting the radio transmitter switch in the off position - the green transmit LED on the board goes out. The receiver LED does not change state and remains off.

As a check I also have a separate smart-fly ignition cut-off transmitter and when connected to a programmed receiver channel, connecting the fiber between the smart-fly transmitter module and the smart-fly receiver module. Activating the switch on the radio transmitter, the receiver module LED illuminates as expected.

I would prefer not to use an additional receiver channel for something that should be working on the board from what I can tell. Does anyone have any trouble shooting ideas out there to see if there is something that I am doing incorrectly or if there is an issue with the board.. This is a new board purchased in November 2014 and has zero flights on it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Regards
Haydn Doughty
Old 01-15-2015, 04:28 PM
HDoughty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All

Is this an active forum monitored by Quest Engineering. I have sent requests to Smart-fly directly, I have tried to work with the re-seller and a message here in this forum.

Can someone advise as to where one can get Quest Engineering assistance and response to questions.

Regards
Haydn Doughty