Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

EQ10 batery usage?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 11:42 AM
DCGayhart
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EQ10 batery usage?

I have a battery usage question on my EQ10. I have it mounted in a 35% plane with two Fromeco 2600 packs. The voltage regs are set to 6.1V and matched to make sure both input power LEDs on the EQ10 light.

The pack connected to the right hand side of the EQ10 always provides ¾’s of the power used. Is this normal?

One thing I noticed is that since using the EQ10 versus the RX with matchboxes my total mah’s usage is less per flight on average. This tells me the ganged servos are matched better with the EQ10, GOOD JOB!

Danny
Old 12-24-2007, 11:47 AM
rrritchey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EQ10 batery usage?

Hi Danny,
This is normal, its impossible to match regulators close enough so that you get even battery usage. You would have to match them down to about 0.001 volts. You might want to consider a Wolverine switch. That will balance the battery usage before the regulators. You will still have one regulator doing 3/4 the work but your battery draw will be even between the two packs. Let me know if you have any other questions.