Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Pin and flag or EQ6

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 09:10 PM
lxcoupe
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pin and flag or EQ6

Flew my plane today for the first time. It is equipped with a EQ6 and the smartfly pin and flag. It has been working great till the end of the day today when I put the pin back in and it would not shut off the power... It does kill the link between my rx and tx though. If I unplug the batteries and put the pin in, then plug the batteries back it it will stay powered down till i pull the pin. When I put the pin back in it will stay on..... Both are brand new I just bought the EQ6 from TBM last month and the pin and flag from chief last week. What could have happened?
Thanks
Al
Old 03-01-2009, 10:11 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: Pin and flag or EQ6

Hi Al,
I guess I am a little confused about one statement. You say it does not turn off but it does kill the Tx to Rx link. If the receiver is still powered up it should not kill the link. What are the symptoms exactly, why do you think its still on when the transmitter will not work the flight system?
Old 03-01-2009, 10:37 AM
billd3
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rrritchey

Hi Al,
I guess I am a little confused about one statement. You say it does not turn off but it does kill the Tx to Rx link. If the receiver is still powered up it should not kill the link. What are the symptoms exactly, why do you think its still on when the transmitter will not work the flight system?
Robert, now I'm confused again...When you said, "If the receiver is still powered up...". Doesn't the pin/flag switch (when pin is replaced) shut the power off to the Rx and if not, what other switches do we need? I'm setting up an EQ10 as we talk using the failsafe pin switch also.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:51 AM
lxcoupe

ORIGINAL: rrritchey

Hi Al,
I always get the crazy issues happening to me...lol

OK I landed the plane on my last flight yesterday. Stuck the pin in the switch and it did not power off the servos or the RX....It did however kill the link between my RX and TX which is a spektrum DX7....In other words as soon as the pin went in the power stayed on but my link lights on the rx and remote rx went out.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:03 AM
lxcoupe

Pic 1:
Batteries plugged in
TX Off
Pin inserted

Pic 2:
TX On
Pin pulled out

Pic 3:
TX On
Pin Inserted
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50802.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	1147614   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81465.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	1147615   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo32018.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	1147616  
Old 03-01-2009, 12:42 PM
rrritchey

Hi Al,
Thank you for the pictures. Something is definitely wrong, ALL LEDs should go out when you insert the pin. For some reason the servo regulator is staying on, even in your first picture. I will send you a new unit today. Can you e-mail me your address (I may have it on file but I don't know your last name), e-mail and phone and I will send it today. Please return your unit when you get the new one. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:44 PM
rrritchey

Hi Bill,
You do not need any other switches. There is something wrong with Al's unit where the servo regulator is always on but the receiver regulator turns off. On your unit, with the pin in the switch all LEDs should go out, this indicates power is off to the unit.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:44 PM
lxcoupe

Thanks Robert!!!
Email sent
Old 03-01-2009, 03:02 PM
billd3
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: lxcoupe

Thanks Robert!!!
Email sent
Yep...Thanks from me too, Robert. From what I'm seeing, your service is second to none. I'm glad I chose Smart Fly.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:31 PM
mu6plmb

I am using the eq6 and have found it to be the very best. My question is I am using one receiver and two 7.4 5200mah battery packs. Both battery packs were fully charged and today I flew 5 flights. When I got home to charge batteries I found that only one battery was down in power. The other pack was still at full charge, this has never happened before and should I be concerned? Was one battery pack not plugged-in all the way or what? The eq6 has a pin for on off switch and feels loose to me. Is there a way to use a regular switch instead of the pin? Thank you in advance for your help. Kenny Musick
Old 02-15-2010, 10:03 AM
rrritchey

Hi Kenny,
I e-mailed you from our support e-mail you submitted.