Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

PowerExpander 14MZ - revised to competition?

Old 03-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts
Default PowerExpander 14MZ - revised to competition?

Hi,
I picked up a PowerExpander 14MZ late last year, and I like the installation (in a jet model). Its a nice setup. [8D]

Do you still have the 14MZ version, or has it been superseded by the PowerExpander Competition 12 version?

Reason I ask is, for my case, I really don't need certain ports to have 3 and 4 slots, so perhaps the 14MZ version might be more compact. (?)

I don't need the ignition stuff, of course. Thanks! [8D]
Old 03-14-2009, 09:42 AM
rrritchey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PowerExpander 14MZ - revised to competition?

Hi Ron,
We are completely out of the PowerExpamnder 14mz. It has been replaced with the PowerExpander Competition 12. You can get the unit with out the Ignition Cutoff for $169.95. It is just 1/2" bigger than the old 14mz. If you can get away with a slightly smaller number of channels (10) you could use the PowerExpander Pro, it is the same size as the 14mz was. You can connect things like the ECU to the receiver directly, just no servos. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts

Thanks for the reply Robert. I'll go ahead and order the Competition 12 tonite, and I'll use your ECU suggestion. [8D]
Old 03-14-2009, 10:30 AM
rrritchey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ron,
You can run low current devices off the receiver but no servos. Cases of low current device are Ignition Cutoffs, Smoke Pump control, ECU and anything else electronic that only draws 50mA or less. Let me know if you have any other questions.