Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Mono Unlimited Fast RC boat?

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Mono Unlimited Fast RC boat?

Old 10-26-2012, 07:20 PM
fatbill69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mono Unlimited Fast RC boat?

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Mono Unlimited by Fastrc boat. I'm not a big fan of monos, but I have to admit this one looks pretty sick.
Heres a vid of it I found:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS2ZhxRTGhE

And a website. They also seem to have hop up kits for some Aquacraft and Proboat models: http://fastrcboat.com/services

Any reviews on this boat?
Old 10-27-2012, 07:03 AM
*delete M i k e u p delete*

Default RE: Mono Unlimited Fast RC boat?

I see no prices on the 18" mono! Tried to find Victor's hobby and find alot of stuff but was vague on boats and tried cis associates.com and showed nothing. Also tried Sheldon hobbies and showed an excite boat and nothing else. BTW -victors has a attitude problem from what i read from comments by 2 of 5 people, no comment. Price for 18" mono $138.00 + 13 s & h=$151.00 I got email from John saying things were pulled from ad but will put everything in new ad. Now he mainly talks about F1 of which i'm not interested.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:40 PM
giant454

I contacted John at fastrcboat after having problems with my son's minimono driveline. John custom built a flexshaft and collet for the minimono that was a direct replacement with no modifications needed. It was very easy to install and the boat performs perfectly with no reliabilty issues.
After watching my son having fun with his boat I decided to get one for myself. I was so impressed with John's expertise and workmanship I decided to buy the mono unlimited with an upgraded motor and metal prop.
This boat is very quick when running a 3s lipo and is a blast to drive. The reliability is excellent and it has never failed me once. Fastrcboat stocks all replacement parts for this boat and John will answer any questions you may have.
If you are looking for a quality mono boat that is quick and reliable without breaking the bank you should definately consider the mono unlimited. Good luck

Old 12-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Got RPM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

A few negative comments on a popular website about a small vendor and suddenly a "new" poster logs on with a very positive post - his first. Anyone find this suspicious? I'm not saying the new poster is a plant, but he wouldn't be the first...

Old 12-10-2012, 07:41 PM

RPM, your correct on beware .I too checked him out and sites on their forums said some comments that i won't mention. Now all you have to do is put a 3300kv in a beefed up minimono and a 632 Octura prop and off you go.I commented above of what i did and he came back with alot of emails in trying to sell the F-1 of whichi had no interest which made me leery of this BIRD! I'm not bashing the poster on his first post and more power to him and his son, that's great . Each has his own thoughts!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:11 PM
vipertwo2

Hello ... I am new here and new to rc fun..... MY son recently bought a proboat miss geico... after playing with it i have to say... Proboat is a great quality.boat.........i had a aquacraft mini mono for a day.( bought from fastrcboat ).. it only ran once ............ (5 min.) after having trouble trying to get it to run...i was not a happy camper.. not as good quality...my opinion. OK i talked to John at fastrcboat.com . and told him my problem.. he told me to pack it up and send it back... is what i did... so he give me credit on the mono unlimited.. I had to buy a controller no problem ...so i did some research and did not find anything other than the fastrcboat web site ,,you tube video,, and a forum that i read.. .. John has been Great with communication Great with explaining things to me and even called me to talk about several things.( when i asked him to ).. So i have a mono unlimited with the upgrade motor and brass prop coming. I have not seen to much about these boats out there so i'm here to .... Tell It Like It IS..... I read a couple thing negative about John on the forum when researching the mono unlimited.... I have to say ,,, He has been great with my problem ( mini mono) and very informative on any question i have asked.... I can't wait to get my boat.. i will let every one know the updates.. Im going to TELL IT LIKE IT IS.........let the cards land where they land....so far John has a thumbs up from me...... Looking forward to my boat review Tim
   hey.... got rpm ...i,m no implant....   i live outside beaumont texas....
Old 02-01-2013, 12:27 PM
vipertwo2

Just a update ... mono unlimited on the way.....i hope to see it Tuesday....probaly wensday.....i going to try and film the box opening  and set up .. then the first breakin run......ill let everyone know when it is posted on u tube....
Old 02-01-2013, 06:15 PM

!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:10 AM
vipertwo2

OK ..I have my 2S lipo's  from hobbie king in the mail....going to get - 1- 3S lipo later just to see how it really runs''''   my pond is about 160 ft long and 75 wide, we have a couple course's laid out .. going to see if i can upload a picture......anyway  waiting on MU....[8D]
Old 02-06-2013, 04:56 PM
vipertwo2

Ok got Boat today...still waiting onbattery's..( of course) going to run it on 2s lipo i will buy a 3s later just for fun ..... boat feels good in my hand.. ( compared to mini) motor has a cushin of somekind under it.. a+ foam in bowl a+ good conector from motor to cable a+ here is the unboxing of the boat... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gtfLmJ5T7c tim
Old 02-06-2013, 06:20 PM
vipertwo2

OK ....................HERE IS THE FIRST RUN OF THE MONO UNLIMITED....www.youtube.com/watch?v=74skd2Q0bMM www.youtube.com/watch
Old 02-11-2013, 07:49 PM
vipertwo2

hello ... after breaking in the boat,2 batteries,,,,,,,, and 4 batteries later learning   ,,,,, great boat,,,, solid boat.... have hit a few booies on track really fast   .... no damage....i can now handle 2s battery well... at first was having to get boat of bank several times  but got it now .. havent been on bank in 2 runs now.... 2200 mah battery   10 minutes in my pond  blasting from one side to other....handles curves well   have to be carfull,, steering real sensitive,,  can adjust steering trim at first to learn,,,  now i have done a couple 180s and a 360  (it just happen)  I have put it completely under water... it poped up and i took on off   no problem      i did add a lead weight to right side of boat   in trough in back were canopy sets in...  it did help enough that i keep it there now ...( off set some battery weight from other side....)( i set boat with battery in bathtub  and added little weights 1 at a time  bigger each time till i found one that ballance the boat at back were water line is across back evenly... just a little try and errow till u get it set up to your liking....  I am Very Happy with this boat... my friends love it too.   AAA   i have serviced the drive  very easy...   very befffy drive system..................    Thanks John ...  for the help...This man is very informitive  ..   will be talking to u ...son wants to upgrade his boat..     GREAT BOAT  ......   THANKS          ............TIM      i will add updates ever day or two for a while  will add another video on utube on my progress    keep tuned
Old 04-10-2017, 12:08 PM
fatbill69

Originally Posted by vipertwo2
hello ... after breaking in the boat,2 batteries,,,,,,,, and 4 batteries later learning * ,,,,, great boat,,,, solid boat.... have hit a few booies on track really fast * .... no damage....i can now handle 2s battery well... at first was having to get boat of bank several times *but got it now .. havent been on bank in 2 runs now.... 2200 mah battery * 10 minutes in my pond *blasting from one side to other....handles curves well * have to be carfull,, steering real sensitive,, *can adjust steering trim at first to learn,,, *now i have done a couple 180s and a 360 *(it just happen) *I have put it completely under water... it poped up and i took on off * no problem * * *i did add a lead weight to right side of boat * in trough in back were canopy sets in... *it did help enough that i keep it there now ...( off set some battery weight from other side....)( i set boat with battery in bathtub *and added little weights 1 at a time *bigger each time till i found one that ballance the boat at back were water line is across back evenly... just a little try and errow till u get it set up to your liking.... *I am Very Happy with this boat... my friends love it too. * AAA * i have serviced the drive *very easy... * very befffy drive system.................. * *Thanks John ... *for the help...This man is very informitive *.. * will be talking to u ...son wants to upgrade his boat.. * * GREAT BOAT *...... * THANKS * * * * *............TIM * * *i will add updates ever day or two for a while *will add another video on utube on my progress * *keep tuned
Man I must not have seen these replies from years ago! Nice video and great review, and sorry for bringing up such an old thread. Is it still running strong?