Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Dumas sk daddle 2 27 inch

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Dumas sk daddle 2 27 inch

Old 01-26-2016, 07:01 PM
Adamgs340

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumas sk daddle 2 27 inch

Hello guys I am new here. I have a Dumas sk daddle 2 that I never got to finish. I got the boat as a kit in 96 and built it with my dad. We finished the kit but never painted it. I bought a nitro motor a radio and hardware but never installed it. Well this is the year I am gonna finish my projects and this is next on the list. I have decided on going brushless instead of nitro so I am looking at purchasing the hardware over again. I was looking at the tacon. 3660-540l motor. It's the 1800 kv model 36x60. I am hoping thi motor is a good choice as the reviews for these seem to be good. I have seen some posts on the sk daddle and it said for they 27 inch model a 36x50 should be enough. I am not looking for a speed demon because I know the hull has its limitations. I was thinking of a subsurface strut and rudder combo with a flex shaft. And water pick up for cooling. I am open to suggestion on motor selection if this does not fit the bill. The next question is what prop to use and what amp esc. I am planning on running this on 4 s if that helps. Again I am a new when it comes to setting this up and brushless technology. Thanks again guys for all your knowledge and suggestions.
Thanks adam
Old 03-15-2016, 05:13 PM
Ryanwilsonlb7

Just some suggestions as nobody also has chimed in, I think it would look cool and help with fine tuning to put on 4 trim tabs 2 on each side for a scale look. amd like you said I'd run a flex line out the bottom with an in line rudder.
This should give you plenty of room to work with
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r_Cooling.html
Have any pictures?

Last edited by Ryanwilsonlb7; 03-15-2016 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:55 AM
Got RPM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Old thread, but if the OP is still interested:

Aquacraft AQUG7002 6-Pole Brushless 1800kV Marine Motor - Tacon is 2-pole, less power/torque
Aquacraft 60 amp speed control
x435 or x438 prop submerged
Minimum 4000 mAh 40C battery
4S only with above
Old 03-17-2016, 04:51 AM
Ryanwilsonlb7

I just got back on this forum after a few years and used to seem like the whole first page of threads were in the last month or so, seems dead nowadays. Didn't notice it was two months ago