Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

FAST 6s setup prop HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

FAST 6s setup prop HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 09:47 PM
brons101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAST 6s setup prop HELP!

After testing my latest boat (30inch sprint cat) on both 4s and 6s with an m545 prop, i would like to try out some more options for a higher top speed. temps were fine with only mildly hot temps after full run on 6s. but on 4s was only getting like 44mph and 6s "only" 60mph

since the boat has an 1800kv 4074 motor its got lots of low end torque and I think it could do a lot better with something like a 48mm CNC 1.6 pitch detounged prop . I would run that on 4s and possibly use a CNC 46mm 1.6 pitch detounged on 6s unless that's to much ???

im just wanting opinions on this, i only have a 150amp esc in the boat and im planning on adding extra caps to it. maybe the 46mm is to much for 6s (although testing with m545 is was fine) and I should get the 42 or 44mm version with same 1.6p and detounged.

not sure??? what do you all think?

thanks!