Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

H&M Firebee Mono1, is my setup correct?

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

H&M Firebee Mono1, is my setup correct?

Old 06-09-2020, 06:21 AM
lqbweb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&M Firebee Mono1, is my setup correct?

Hello, I am new to this forum, and to this hobby, so I hope I can post more pictures when this is finished (I tried to post some pictures now, but I haven't reached the 10 posts yet).

To start I have got a new HydroMarine Firebee hull (carbon and aramid). It is a step mono hull, 640mm length (26''), 233mm width.

I tried to contact HydroMarine for helping with the setup, but did not get much of a response.

I am setting up this boat for my son (and me hahaha), so I am aiming for a good stability. Flood chamber may come later, but not in an earlier step (not time to do it now).

My setup is so for 3s. I am installing a rigid 4mm propeller shaft 270mm long from HydroMarine as well.

So confirm me if I am wrong, but my plan is to leave: 80mm from the transom to the propeller (once propeller is installed), this is around 12-13% of the hull length. The rudder that I have got is around 82mm from transom to the start of the blade so it should be almost completely parallel to the propeller.

The propeller hold should be 4mm above the keel. I was also thinking to install the propeller 2mm offset to the right (starboard).

The angle of the propeller shaft should be such that when the boat is resting on the table with the above setup, it is 2-3mm above the keel line.

The center of gravity should be on 28 and 30% of the hull length, so I will find this balance.

The rudder should be installed as close as possible to the propeller but not hitting it when turning. I am starting with 35mm 3 blades propeller, but it may go to 40-45 I guess.

Are all my assumptions right? I would like to get some opinions before I start drilling my nice hull.

Thanks a lot.