Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Old MemberReturning

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Old MemberReturning

Old 07-26-2021, 07:11 PM
crrcboatz
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old MemberReturning

Been away from the hobby as a gas boater. Attended boat races with some old friends in Dallas recently and am kicking around buying/ building an electric cat 36-42 inches.

May race again or at 75 may pit my boat a d have a friend drive it. So Namba classes for boats that size range???

single or dual drive???

Hulls recommended???

radios, servos, chargers, batteries recommended???

budget 600-1000 for boat open on all else

Help appreciated.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:54 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts

I was going to refer you to a club in your district(D-17) until I started doing some checking and found that the only club listed in the district runs in Excelsior Springs MO, 253 miles from Oologah. If you're interested, that club is the Midwest Model Boaters Association.
Your other option would be to look at the district 7 website, NAMBA District 7 as there are several clubs in Texas that run boats of many sizes and styles, including the cats you are looking at.
Sorry I can't be of more help but I run sport and scale hydroplanes up in the Pacific Northwest so I don't have any information on what's available for hulls and such.
Hopefully you can find someone in your general area that can help you out.
In the mean time, Welcome Back

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 07-27-2021 at 01:32 AM.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:38 PM
crrcboatz

TNKS! Very kind of you to do all that👏👏👏👏
Old 07-26-2021, 11:48 PM
crrcboatz

I began my rc boating in 1977 and have built many boats during that era of nitro and gas. That said, was hoping hull recommendations etc could guide me to the typical motors, etc, hardware, props , radios, battery batteries for that size boat. Or ARTR or RTR boats sold on line. AC, Seducer,etc hulls, castle, leopard, sea king , brands like that. OSE has some of that and a tiny bit is found on EBay but maybe guys here have stuff thy want to sell or club members may know someone that is selling a boat in their area
Old 07-27-2021, 01:44 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts

I missed your signature earlier. From one Vet to another, Thanks. I'm former Navy, 1982-88. Actually built my first boat, a 30" Dumas Pay'N Pak, while in avionics school in the fall of 1982 in a barracks room in Millington TN. Boat was a barge, not well constructed and heavy as hell. Needless to say, I've learned a lot since then, not just on building boats either. I'm sure you know how that goes.
Hope all goes well on your search for a boat. I gave up on that years ago. I build my own so, when it's done, I can only blame myself if it doesn't work