Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

My new props from ABC

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

My new props from ABC

Old 04-15-2023, 05:51 AM
Clugh
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only way how is the contest director allowed it! Why is a good question if WE cant bring a stepped mono or cat to a mono event. This is not how you create friends at a contest event Christian. This is also why not everyone with fast boats shows up.

Politics.

Regards Christian,
Hubert

Last edited by Clugh; 04-15-2023 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-15-2023, 06:24 AM
Clugh
Banned

The metal geared servos i use for the rudder are water proof. I can print an additional water proof cover but a skeletonized RC setup is the goal so just what it needs to function correctly. Out the way of a long lo battery tray and any power trim mechanics I may want to add later. The small receiver has an embedded diversity antennae so no exit hole for that. It the gryo and GPS enclosure will be printed and placed as accurately as possible to the desired cg point. Trim tabs traditionally mounted deemed V tail "Elevons" on the 553 should counter act chine walk and ride attitude in real time.

The XLX2 will operate fully submerged. You don't want the hall connectors wet for partial throttle and launches but censored control would not be used at WOT anyway. It is a switch mode operation from closed to open loop. I haven't decided if ill add marine heatsink or buy hydras. I was thinking leave them fan cooled and add liquid cooling additionally. What I actually want is a pinned heatsink water manifold mounted directly in the air scoops airflow that water has to pass before the components.. Im going to try to find all the cooling solutions I can.

Regards,
Hubert

Last edited by Clugh; 04-15-2023 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-15-2023, 07:06 AM
Clugh
Banned

Since the rudder is already mounter on the right side and i wont redrill the transom for factory locations I may just take the additional insane water pickup and mount it slightly below the water line on the left side for a bias . I really dont worry about it because if the boat want to naturally do something and I can correct it by biasing the rudder left or right of the centerline it may reduce the drag but still cannot be drag less in a sense because the prop really want to go somewhere else and a straight rudder is in constant correction because it's drag is being used as force component on the leverage arm. Arneson WITH the small sharp wedge skeg and no rudder seems to me to be the outlier from a drag and good handling standpoint.
Old 04-15-2023, 07:12 AM
Clugh
Banned

With 100000 rpm motors prop walk should not be as bad as one would think because the props don't need any pitch to make speed. ABC calculates some AR as low as 1.2 for the JAGS target speeds. Definitely doable with 1.4s in the right diameter. But SAW aspect ratios were always about nitro engines and the rpm they were limited to. These are nearly turbine speeds so you do not need alot of pitch and thats good because u can keep the amperage and lift and prop walk down.

I have seen some rc Hydros designed by real hydroplane builders with prop pitches so high to track straight an all out angled drive line was installed in the boat. If you are going to use V series props or cuts of that lift nature then yes you will benefit CR pairs..

I have CR 3 blade pairs in 1.8 AR but its not a twin boat and if it had twin 1721's or 1530's or 39's then id do 1:1 / 2:1 gearbox to one shaft and turn the larger low pitch prop at 90000. It is a shallow v boat and I want to have fun with it besides in a straight line so it will never have twin props unless they are CR and inline. I've looked at the gearbox, the sintered gears can handle it what I'd do is pull full complement deep grove radials. I'd put a little of what James taught me in it. You see it is already ready to mount seamlessly in the 5 in rail system with the double T bars mount etc.

Like for instance the 1818's and 1819's were purchased to run at 33,000 not 90.000.

Last edited by Clugh; 04-15-2023 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-15-2023, 07:34 AM
Clugh
Banned

You could add power trim to the insane stinger fairly easily, but you'd be better to use an unsupported log on one end to a flex ferrule straight shaft mounted in the stinger or best a straight shaft with articulated ball pins at the pivot.. That's how you really can get the rpm and beautiful angles to the motor from the prop with full adjustment with the straight shaft on ball bearings.

Last edited by Clugh; 04-15-2023 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-15-2023, 09:34 AM
Clugh
Banned

John Finch is a mono and rc boating legend Christian and I love and respect him like a father but I don't care what he says by the rules the bad az boat is not legal!

If it is where is the IMPBA offering?

Regards,
Hubert
Old 04-15-2023, 09:41 AM
Clugh
Banned

I bet you don't see the bottom of it often...
Old 04-15-2023, 09:43 AM
Clugh
Banned

I mean wow!. Were just looking at the transom right here and decided that's not Cathethral??
I'll be damned!!

Last edited by Clugh; 04-15-2023 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-15-2023, 09:48 AM
Clugh
Banned

Its a beautiful adaptation of cathedral hydro and aero wing in hull design..

LOL!

Last edited by Clugh; 04-15-2023 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-15-2023, 10:18 AM
Clugh
Banned

If the tips have any downward tip its cathedral and the concavity depth from tip to keel cant be more than the depth of strakes from a hulls bottom hull in the size class when you lay a straight edge across the strakes. If it is not cathedral and you say that the tips are not also non continuously wetted with an air pocket then they certainly are wings then.

Last edited by Clugh; 04-15-2023 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-15-2023, 02:36 PM
Clugh
Banned

The 3 mm linkage will be here in a day or two but I couldn't wait or waste the day off so I went by the local hobby shop. The largest they had is 4-40 but for not that works. I may turn a billet pushrod that lock the threaded rod inside with set screws.

The rail mount rudder servo trays are printed. If I need two In tandem the 2 HEXFLY Digital servos equal 50kg/cm on the rudder.

Last edited by Clugh; 04-15-2023 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-15-2023, 03:01 PM
Clugh
Banned

Hi Christian,
What a beautiful NC Day.
Powercroco is in here again and it looks like crocoworld is dead . What happened?...Did I do that?

Anyways...,For dinner to myself I'm coming off the grill with Lamb and Asparagus today. .

Enjoy Life

TTYS
Hubert.

Last edited by Clugh; 04-15-2023 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-15-2023, 03:14 PM
Clugh
Banned

Then ill follow it up with a small tuna steak and 24 ounce carona virus..

Its the high life at 96% Ralph! LOL! Stay current on your subscription to the daily winder rebuff. Its every bit as good as the original series.. Maybe better.....

Regards
Hubert
Old 04-15-2023, 03:28 PM
Clugh
Banned

And Chris I dont care through email what the NAMBA Judge says im looking right at the boat. The concave is enough to clearly see it so it isn't so slight. The photos don't even tell the full story But I can see beneath the boat Christian. . A boat clearly in compliance would have never merited the extended lake side conversation about if it were legal or not. The only reason it wouldn't be in IMPBA is because it doesn't hold a record there.

Last edited by Clugh; 04-15-2023 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-15-2023, 10:34 PM
Clugh
Banned

Concavity – When checked with a straight edge at right angles to the keel at any point between the transom and the mid-point of the hull length, no depression, step or concavity will exceed the dimensional limits for strakes

The legal depth on concavity at any point is only 12.7 mm. from the midpoint of the hull all the way to the transom,.
Old 04-16-2023, 06:16 AM
CHX3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi , the boat from 2016 has nothing to do with the boat from runing the record in 2021. It is a different boat. You have to beat 127 mph . All other is to slow, you know it. If you like you can try to be faster as the old record from 2014 that was 108 mph .
They have also a mini version in 3d print that is very fast , build by Patrick, but the data is not open available.

Happy Amps Christian

Last edited by CHX3; 04-16-2023 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-16-2023, 07:58 AM
Clugh
Banned

Christian its the same boat in the rear in the video you can clearly see that LOL! Its not in the IMPBPA book so anyway. Its wasn't legal then and it isnt legal now the talking doesn't measure it the ruler does and if no one contested it it was not measured. In IMPBA protest cost 5 dollars.

You don't know the rules here so it is what it is.

Old 04-16-2023, 07:59 AM
Clugh
Banned

If there not the right boat you can stop sending links to them.. neither boat sincve you claim they are different are not legal. i hope that settles my opinion of it that will only be change by a a post that tells me the concavity is not 12.7 mm or a ruler. Thats the German boating ambassador information I'm looking for. Do you have that measurement? If you dont what are we talking about now?

IMPBA

Namba

Its funny beacuse in IMPBA IF we used the NAMBA rule to correspond with strakes the depth could only be 7.9375mm

Are you aware of our rules and taken a ruler to Ralf mono? Did he tell you the depth is not greater than 7.9375 mm? How do you know then?

You can see by these determination the hull would be not legal by other criteria. and It is not in our books. at 108 either. Doug Smock and Lamar Huff own those records.

You can get an attitude about and link red herrings as you have determined them after sending them but it wont change the hull dimensions of the boat we are looking at with our own eyes that you sent as his boat.

I guess a real discussion wouldn't send me photos of the "wrong boat."

I can just ask Ralf. that would end any additional confusion anyone decides to inject here. Right?

Last edited by Clugh; 04-16-2023 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-16-2023, 08:15 AM
Clugh
Banned

It doesn't matter I can protest the boat if it shows up at a IMPBA event and it will be measured at that moment it doesn't matter what anyone on the forums say.. Thats teh rula and it will cost me all of 5 dollars if the boat is not right he has to pay 25 and if its caught again he cannot compete here for a year The first thing id do is play the politics at my disposal. The first step to not worrying about 108.
Old 04-16-2023, 08:18 AM
Clugh
Banned

The lines are also clear now so lets not fool one another.

Have a good day and enjoy the build. . Certainly you must have motivation to read here and in response send me links to the "wrong boat" so it seems to me that you should be telling yourself that shouldn't you b4 u send it. It makes a zero bit of difference coz ill pay the 5 dollars to have the ruler laid across the boat. u send the right or wrong photos or whatever Youd like. I dont get the point but enjoy it because it wont matter at the sanctioned event.

Im sure no one in NAMBA protested the boat whichever "version" it is.

The good thing about it is i dont have to rely on forum discussions here or there to address it at.SAW i dont get the post because it does not address the hulls design and unless it is no longer concave the post is irrelevant.

Thanks for your continued interest.
Hubert

Last edited by Clugh; 04-16-2023 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-16-2023, 10:09 AM
Clugh
Banned

i can look and feel confident that depth is at least 8mm and maybe the NAMBA 12.7mm as well
Old 04-16-2023, 10:19 AM
CHX3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Hubert,
I don't care, only Ralf Moser was on SAW in the States and knows John Finch quite well. Because of his world records, he is very knowledgeable about the rules for mono boats. John writes it himself in the thread at Intwaters. I mentioned some wild designs there to promote something, wanted to expand the rule interpretation a bit for Andy Brown. For Ralf, this led to Corvus 2016. Believe me, Ralf gave John all the drawings of the spans ect. sent and John approved it. But I'll write to John again directly on Intelwaters to see what's going on. I would be interested anyway. I will not build a mono for SAW, you have to deal with that for years, you need a lot of experience with the mono boats to bring them up to the high speed.
Check out Andy's thread at intlwaters, page 12. https://www.intlwaters.com/threads/m....53230/page-12

Happy Amps Christian
Old 04-16-2023, 10:23 AM
Clugh
Banned

Originally Posted by CHX3
Hi Hubert,
I don't care, only Ralf Moser was on SAW in the States and knows John Finch quite well. Because of his world records, he is very knowledgeable about the rules for mono boats. John writes it himself in the thread at Intwaters. I mentioned some wild designs there to promote something, wanted to expand the rule interpretation a bit for Andy Brown. For Ralf, this led to Corvus 2016. Believe me, Ralf gave John all the drawings of the spans ect. sent and John approved it. But I'll write to John again directly on Intelwaters to see what's going on. I would be interested anyway. I will not build a mono for SAW, you have to deal with that for years, you need a lot of experience with the mono boats to bring them up to the high speed.
Check out Andy's thread at intlwaters, page 12. https://www.intlwaters.com/threads/m....53230/page-12

Happy Amps Christian
Agan I dont need to check a thread for rule answers. The books is in my hand and U know. Im not on IW. Andy is also in current correspondence with me. Im looking at the boat. John doesn't approve a boat from plans at an event that is contested the CD of the event and the straight edge do that. An on paper design means nothing about the real boat to compare it to. Thats also wont pass it if its contested at an event. So again you dont know the rules here. If no one contest the boat they dont have to check it and after 30 min if no one does it stands. The forums and threads in them are no way affiliated with the sanctioning bodies as it pertains to rules. John's experience as a modeler has nothing to do with the depth measurement on concavity of the boat at an event. What do the wild designs you came up with have to do with the boat I'm looking at or what ever was run as an amendment?.

Last edited by Clugh; 04-16-2023 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-16-2023, 10:34 AM
Clugh
Banned

Its funny because the design obviously has a goat and that is to utilize the high speed stability of a cathedral design! That in itself should rule it out in IMPBA. It isnt even an approved profile for monos and fits the sanction example of that of hydro or catamaran because in essence that's what it is.

I care..^^^^.

Regards,
Hubert

Last edited by Clugh; 04-16-2023 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-16-2023, 12:30 PM
Clugh
Banned

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.